Crash generating WMA thumbnails (11.6)

I just updated to the newest version (11.6). I don't do this often so I cannot be sure it did not happen in earlier versions.

I got the Program Error Encountered dialog. I do not know where this may be logged but it says:

the error (0xC0000005) occurred in thread "dopus.thumgenerate" at Address 0x000007fef1c15e02.

If I save the lister and restart Dopus comes back to the screen it was on and within a second or two the error dialog reappears. What I do to create this is to click a button that creates a flat view of a folder/subfolders.

Further details. This is repeatable. This ONLY happens when I am looking at a file with a WMA extension (Windows audio). And it happens when the popup window showing the file info opens as I hover the mouse over the file name in the Name column. This never used to happen. All other file extensions seem fine.

I was able to install version 11.4 (can't find a way to get 11.5 from the Dopus website) and the problem is gone. I get the normal popup when I hover my mouse over the Name column for a WMA file. So it seems to be an issue with 11.6. I would try 11.5 if I could get it back.

Thanks for reporting this! We've found the problem and written a fix. It should be available soon.

Leo,

Good to hear that. Not that there is a bug, but that you found and fixed it. Even though I was 90% sure it was in 11.6, it is always good it know it was not something weird on my system.

Thanks for the feedback and reports.

We've fixed this issue and uploaded new installers to the web servers. Please download the new versions of 11.6 version and reinstall.

(Note FYI: Since this affected only a few users, we did a 'silent' update and did not bump the version number, only the build dates.)

Greg,

Thank you for the very fast response. I have downloaded and installed the updated 11.6 version and the problem is gone.