Standalone image viewer gets closed in hex view mode

1. open a file in standalone image viewer
  2. select hex view
  3. press Settings
  4. in Text Viewer Plugin Config Dialog untick "Enable hex (binary) viewer, then OK
  5. press hex view button again
    -> viewer window gets closed

I figured out the reason. a file "text.oxc" is created under

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\ConfigFiles\Plugins

file content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <text> <flags>0</flags> <max_preview>0</max_preview> <font>Courier New/-12,0,0,0,0,0,0,100,9</font> <font_hex>Courier New/-12,0,0,0,0,0,0,100,9</font_hex> </text>

solution:
delete the file or change flags to 1

edit: in hex view full screen seems not to work or works as designed,
in the latter case I'd expected the full screen button and menu entry to be grayed out.

If you disable the hex viewer then using the hex viewer won't work, that is true. Is there a reason you're doing that?

nope, just testing. the issue I see here is that toggling the view mode should not close the viewer window.
opening a text file, then turning off hex view does not work either
bilder uploaden
although hex view is turned of, clicking the button toggles hex view.

some questions out of interest, 1) do you confirm the bugs, 2) (when) are you planning to fix them, 3) is there a public bug tracker?

The forum is the bug tracker.

The hex view option should probably be hidden or disabled in that situation, and that's on our list to look at implementing.

It's not a high priority as it only happens when you tell Opus to use something you've told it to disable. The default Opus 12 setup does not have the hex view option at the toolbar's top level, either, so it's unlikely to be clicked by mistake.

Please link your account if you'd like it to be a higher priority.