Opus not responding

I started a duplicate file check on my C drive. Opus appeared to do its thing, churned it over for a minute or so & gave a list of results. But trying to scroll through caused it to grind to a halt.
If I close Opus & restart it is still stuck in duplicate files & says not responding. I can kill it in task manager or restart but it is still stuck. Is there some sort of safe mode I can start in to try & stop the duplicate file check?
Any suggestions please because it is not usable.
many thanks

The duplicate file check won't still be running, but the problem is probably happening when displaying the results of the previous check. (That could be for a number of reasons, including 3rd party shell extensions triggered by one of the files in the list. It it keeps happening, we can advise on how to diagnose the exact cause.)

What should be a quick fix is to delete the results collection. You can do this while Opus is not running by going to this folder:

C:\Users[b][/b]\AppData\Roaming\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\Collections

Below there you should find Duplicate Files.col or similar (depending on the collection the results were sent to). Delete that file and then re-launch Opus and you'll probably be back up and running.

thanks for this, i left PC for couple of hours & it sorted itself out. But I will keep tip about deleting collections in mind if it happens again