Display Menu toolbar character hotkeys always, not just toggled with Alt key

I'd like to see each hotkey character on my "Menu" toolbar and its submenus underlined all the time. Presently, I only see these underlined when I toggle the hotkey display with a press of the Alt key.

I searched Opus's settings, Google and the 12.3.3 help file, but I didn't find this.

That's actually a Windows setting, not an Opus one.

See Make Windows Underline Menu Shortcut Keys for instructions on changing it.

You're correct, of course. I tested this with one Microsoft application before I created this discussion threat, to ensure I had the Windows 10 setting to always underline the hotkeys turned ON. In that Microsoft application, the underlines were always showing. Pressing Alt had no impact on them. So I decided I had the Windows option ON.

It was tricky for me to find a Microsoft application with a menu bar instead of a ribbon. Nevertheless, I clearly chose this test application poorly. It was Word 97. I guess its hotkeys are always displayed/underlined. :blush:

"thread" not "threat".

Wowzers. Word 97.

We keep it around for some business software that ties into it. We also use Word 2016. I picked it because I knew it'd have a menu bar.

Notepad is probably a good one to test with. It still uses menus, although I am sure it is only a matter of time. :slight_smile:

Good call.