Folder format at start

Hi,
When I start Dopus, even if the folder currently open at startup has a path-specific folder format assigned to it, it still displays in the default folder format. I have to manually go to "reset to folder's format" in order to get what I want and expect.

Is this normal?

You probably want to turn on Preferences / Launching Opus / Default Lister / Ignore folder format of Default Lister.

actually, I have both "ignore folder format on default lister" and "update default lister autmatically when closing a lister" checked.
seems that both checkmarks don't work.

If you close the window then open a new one what happens?

How is the window being opened, and what action is it set to run? (Is it opening the default lister, or something else, such as a layout?)

What does it say when you hover the mouse over the format lock on the status bar? It should tell you where the current format comes from.

The description of what I am experiencing started with that. ("When I start Dopus...")

[quote="leo"]
How is the window being opened, and what action is it set to run? (Is it opening the default lister, or something else, such as a layout?)[/quote]
Simply by clicking on the default shortcut (which I pinned to the taskbar). In the shortcut target field it shows: "C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopus.exe"
nothing else.

[quote="leo"]
What does it say when you hover the mouse over the format lock on the status bar? It should tell you where the current format comes from.[/quote]
"The folder format is locked and will not change automatically. ..."
-> This was the culprit. Thx it seems solved now that I unlocked the view.