Tagger

Since your new script for showing tags while in full screen mode covers about 50% of what i've requested once (viewing tags in full mode), to work with tags, i'd like to ask you if following would be possible:
the Tagger works flawlessly, in windowed mode, where i use some special lister layout, with the Tagger right under the lister. Is there a way to make the Tagger "global", so that the same input dialog could also show up, while examining images in full screen mode? It seems, like the only requirement would be to make that dialog able to be "on top".

Setting the "lister/window" argument to "null" for a dialog object, made it "ontop" for the GoRegistry-thing, maybe that helps here too.

Where exactly would that be?

I did not look at the code in detail, but there seems to be a section in the Edit() function, where a lot of "dlg. " things go on.
This would be the place to add an "dlg.window = null" to have a try.

At the moment the dialog is on top of the current active lister (Set dlg = ClickData.Func.Dlg). Changing line 10 to Set dlg = DOpus.Dlg (dlg.window = null not necessary) would help to show the dialog on top of the standalone viewer but this wouldn't be enough. To combine ShowInfo and Tagger it would be necessary to integrate the features of Showinfo completely into the Tagger script. Puuh, nice challenge! I'll see if I can put this together.

Whoa, kundal, don't put yourself into stress :open_mouth: ! The way it is now is comfortable enough, and i pretty much tagged all my ~30k photos already, so this is rather interesting for future tagging sessions, anyway.
But i think, that a system like that would be attractive for photo enhusiasts or even pros. I once have tested Adobe Bridge, but the workflow in Opus is better, in my opinion, even without those tricks and quirks. And actually i first had in mind, to use the Tagger and the new script independently. But you're right, it would make a lot of sense to have it combined seamlessly . Anyway, it gets increasingly clear, how good the idea of the scripting abilities in Opus actually was, because it's obviously very powerful to satisfy even "niche" requests like this, without having to bloat the program unnecessarily.

A modified version of Tagger that works with the standalone viewer in fullscreen mode is now available:
Edit metadata of images in full-screen mode

Update to version 2.0:
See second post for update history.

Update to version 2.1:
See second post for update history.

Thanks for joining the SW-party, as you called it! o)
The auto-update to v2.1 went smooth as well, that's fun! o)

Thanks for the upgrade, too. Seems, like the high CPU issue after quitting tagger is gone now. :thumbsup:

Update to version 2.2:

• Tagger now automatically detects if the language used by DOpus is set to german and displays all dialogs and descriptions accordingly.
  • Bug fix: If tagfolders was false and the folder contained no valid files because the filter was used the invalid files were hidden but the dialog didn't appear because no valid item was left

Hi @tbone,

Any views for the ways to implement this feature, based on any new features introduced in opus since then . . . .

I guess you should open a dedicated thread for your request and re-explain.. I still think it does not belong here.

I use the Tagger very often, and i'm very satisfied with the script. The only issue is, that after a tagging session, i have to restart Opus almost every time, because it keeps spawning DOS processes (with Opus as the parent process), which would "lock" the last processed file. When that happens, i can't choose another file, because the focus keeps jumping back to that last used file. Maybe there is a way to "auto close" or to prevent any DOS processes to continue, after the Tagger window has been closed? So, i want to file this as a feature request.

Hi abr,
sorry, I somehow missed your last post in this thread maybe because I was in holidays in that time.
There's only one line in the script that triggers a DOS process. The purpose of that line is to clean up the %temp% directory so it's not really necessary. You can delete line 111 (don't uncomment and don't leave an empty line!):

"Run, %comspec% /c del /Q ""%Temp%\AutoMoveTagger.ahk"",,Hide" & vbCrLf &_

Hey, thanks. I've deleted it, like you said. I will report back, when i had my next tagging session.

There is a very big problem, It reposition my explorer's window, and I can't maximization it. even if I close all DO's process

Update 14.01.2016 to version 2.3:

• Fixed: the temporary Autohotkey script moved all windows that contained the word "Tagger". Now only dialogs containing the string "Tagger - Directory Opus" will be moved.

@scmaybee: Thanks for reporting this. Please download the new version. Your explorer window should no longer be moved even if the title contains the word "Tagger". In fact the script also moved my firefox window while showing this site. :smiley:

I seem to have a new problem with a dozen of conhost.exe zombie processes, after have i used Tagger. They can't be killed anyhow, even logging out & back in again wouldn't stop them, so i need to reboot, even if i edited a few images (doesn't happen all the time, but quite often). Therefore i would suggest, GPSoft would provide some fullscreen tag editor, which doesn't depend on workarounds & Autohotkey. The built in tag editor is not an alternative, because it doesn't work in full screen mode.

It would be great, if we had the following:

• full screen editing tags in a transparent window, as Tagger allows now
  • viewing existing tags in full screen mode, similar to the F1 functionality

Maybe this makes it into the next main release of Opus? :smiley: