Directory Opus and Locate32

Has anyone figured out how to have Directory Opus pass the current directory to locate32 as the search directory when pressing ctrl-F? I've managed to get it to open locate32, but when I pass the directory on the commandline, it just makes it the search term instead of being in the look in selection.

Is there a way to get Directory Opus to execute what would normally be a right click selection for this?

I don't know how locate32 works but if it adds a right-click context menu item then you should be able to find it in the Filetypes editor (probably on the All Folders filetype) and copy what it does to a hotkey.

This works ... sort of ...

"C:\Program Files\Locate\Locate32.exe" -p "{sourcepath}"

Works fine as long as you're not in the root folder of a hdd for some reason - if you are Locate reverts to searching everywhere. :confused:

Thanks, a mix of the above worked for me - even on the root of a drive. And There's the global hotkey for everywhere.

C:\Program Files\Locate\Locate32.exe /p {sourcepath}

works as expected. Too bad DO doesn't have the locate style search built in... Heck, updating the database took about 2 seconds across my 6 drives with ~ 800GB on them.

I think I downloaded a beta of Locate32 to try this so perhaps the beta was broken for the root of a drive.

Oddly in the context menu it uses /p yet the readme.txt clearly says that the command line option is -p. Anyway, it works so that's good enough...

Real old thread here, but it still pertains. I installed locate32 (64 bit) and have tried integrating it with DO 9.1.0.6 (x64). I have it set up so if I press ctrl-f, it runs the locate32 program. Funny thing is, I don't have to pass it the {sourcepath} at all. I don't pass any command line arguments--just the executable. However locate32 does its search from the source path directory. Strange, huh? Oh, well, it works, cool. Now, about that context menu. I have tried every combination of suggestions in this tread, and I can never get Locate32 to start the search in the right place. I tried setting up a context menu for all folders in the file type dialog. No matter what I do, I either get something strange like c:\windows{sourcepath} (even though I'm no where near my windows directory), or it just searches everywhere.

So, to summarize, hotkey works, context menu does not. Any ideas?

Skip

Presumably Locate32 uses the current directory if no directory is specified. That would explain why it works on a Button when you don't give it any arguments. Button commands automatically set the current directory before running while Context Menu items do not (as is the case with Explorer as well).

As for the command line, did you put quotes around the program path? jp10558's example is missing them which could cause problems. It should be this:

"C:\Program Files\Locate\Locate32.exe" /p {sourcepath}

If you are using {sourcepath} in a context menu item then you need to ensure it is set to run an Opus command. If it's set to create a generic context menu item (compatible with Explorer) then {sourcepath} will not be expanded. Note that you cannot change the type of an existing item from Opus to non-Opus (or vice versa); you should create a new item instead.

That was the trick--make sure it was an Opus command.

Now, it searches in the source path of the source lister, as designed. How would I make it search in the folder that I right-clicked on (of course, which is listed in the source lister)?

And then to get really cool, what if I selected a file instead of a folder? I suppose in that case, sourcepath is the way to go. How would I go about doing some error checking like that?

The Command Control Codes page near the back of the manual tells you all the different things you can insert into the command line when you run a program.

I looked those over and was surprised to see that none of them really returned just the path of the selected file or folder. I guess I can live with it the way it is--I'll probably use ctrl-f most of the time anyways.

You can use @filesonly and @dirsonly to make buttons which only work on files/dirs. They modify which items {filepath} etc. will return.

hey guys thanks for the headsup on the program i never knew about it but its VERY cool i like it a lot.