Animated Movie Thumbnails

Ok, my goal is quite simple.

At the moment I have set up my view for "Movies" to display in "Tiles" mode, which displays to me a thumbnail, with some info on the right hand side and its all working fine. Anyway, it would just be nice, if I hovvered over a movie for 1 or 2 seconds, if it started to give me a preview of the movie.

I Have the movie plug-in set to generate thumbnails, but I just dont seem to be able to get it working.

Thanks in advance!

The animated AVI thumbnail feature has recently been removed due to high processor load. A static thumbnail is still provided.

Thats a shame, I find that feature really useful.

How come it caused high processor load? I could see the problem if it animated all the movies in a directory at once, but if it was only to animate the one your mouse is over, I wouldnt of thought that would be processor intensive.

Oh well, thanks! :smiley:

I´d agree on that, that if you could trigger the feature on single AVIs (hovering the mouse over it, for example), it would be ok. On the other hand there is no much "information gain" compared to having a single frame showed.

I think its one of those things mate, when youve tried it, you dont really wanna go back - thats what ive found.

For example, this feature is available on some websites, not others, and I find the ones that dont offer it, I start getting frustrated with, whereas the ones that do offer it, I dunno, just find myself always hovering over them before previewing.

It animated all of them at once, not just the one under the mouse. It also literally only worked with AVI files and no other video containers.

If you want to preview one video at a time, use the preview pane. :slight_smile: