Make Left and Right Lister show the same directory

I was looking for a way to Make the Right Lister show exactly the same directory.

For example
Left Lister C:\Program Files\ABC
Right Lister E:\

I would like to go to a situation where
Left Lister C:\Program Files\ABC
Right Lister C:\Program Files\ABC

Why might I want to do this ?

I find that it may be the quickest way for me to then move to the next lower level directory

Right Lister C:\Program Files\ABC\Templates

To duplicate the left or right lister, to the other side just press the button I've highlighted in the screenshot.

You can also do it with the command Go CURRENT OPENINDUAL if you want a hotkey or toolbar button instead.

(Or set dual file displays to open in the same place as the other file display, then toggle the dual display off and back on. :slight_smile:)

If you want to do that then you can skip duplicating the folder completely because there's a way to open the selected folder in the opposite file display in one operation.

To do this, go to Settings -> File Types, edit the All Folders type and click to the Events tab. You should see that one of the events already has Go OPENINDUAL assigned to it. (I think it's on Alt-Double-Click by default.) You can move it to a different event if you want.

If you want that function on a toolbar button, instead of a double-click event, let us know. The command is slightly different and I'm not sure what it is off the top of my head but it is do-able.

It always amazes me that DOPUS can be configured to do almost anything you want.

"To do this, go to Settings -> File Types, edit the All Folders type and click to the Events tab. You should see that one of the events already has Go OPENINDUAL assigned to it. (I think it's on Alt-Double-Click by default.) You can move it to a different event if you want. "

The event is dblclkctrl go openindual

But the funny thing is that Single Click with Control held down also works.

Thanks again Dirhael and nudel for your help.

I take it you have turned on Single click to open an item which effectively turns single-clicks on files into double-clicks.

Normally (with that option off) single-click with Ctrl held down will select/deslect the file (without deselecting other files, unlike when not holding Ctrl).

(You can also click once with the middle mouse button to do the same as ctrl-clicking files but with one hand.)