Why does DO8 inject its dll into browsers & email clients?

1. Why does DO8 constantly attempt to inject its dll into browsers & email clients and other running Internet capable apps?
    And...
  2. How do I prevent this behavior?

Thanks,
Timogin

Double-click on the desktop is implemented using a system-wide mouse hook which requires the dopuslib.dll to be injected into all processes. Turn off the double-click on the desktop to prevent this.

Additionally, Explorer Replacement mode uses an execute hook which will result in dopuslib.dll being injected into any processes that call ShellExecute(). Turn off ER to prevent this.

Thanks for the exceptionally rapid reply. I'll give these alternative settings a try.

What problem is it causing?

For me, the advantages of desktop dbl click and explorer replacement are too great to turn off without good reason.

Hi. Just thought I'd report back in case others have similar concerns. Well, disabling those two features does not stop the dll from being injected. Whenever dopus.exe is running, the injection attempts occur. It's also troublesome that dopus.exe continues to run even after closing it. Why is that? Is there a setting(s) I can change which will make dopus.exe shutdown completely, so I don't have to kill it with Windows Task Manager or some similar app?

Thanks,
Timogin

You may have to reboot after disabling the features, due to the way hooks work in Windows.

You don't have to end-task dopus.exe to make it exit. There is an Exit Program item in the tray-icon menu which you can move/copy to other toolbars/menus/hotkeys if you want. Opus stays running even when all listers are closed for a few reasons:

1. So that desktop double click works.
  2. So that system-wide hotkeys work.
  3. So that floating/docked toolbars work.
  4. So that when you want to open a lister it opens immediately.

Every so often someone (who doesn't care about 1-4) requests that Opus behaves differently so an option might be added in the future but that's how things work at the moment.