A couple of comments and questions

I currently evaluating DO, and I must say I'm IMPRESSED (which is really hard to do!). Ive been using PowerDesk and ExplorerPlus for years and since they don't seem to be motivated to update those programs any more, I've recently discovered DO as a replacement. Wow! It's amazing.

As could be expected, though, I do have one thing I'm trying to figure out.

1. I like my drives separated by type, I've done that by changing the buttons to group and/or exclude floppy, fixed, optical, and network drives. No problem so far. However, I also want to group flash driveswhen they're present.

I found a very nice flash drive .png in the CrystalClear files mentioned in these forums. The issue I'm having is that I can use the .png file for the button label but the same image doesn't appear when I plug in a flash drive. The default removable drive icon is shown. It appears that it's possible to change this appearance, but I've searched the forums extensively and can't see the answer. Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong? I'm guessing the answer is simple, I'm just not seeing it.

Do I need to convert the .png to a .ico? Where should the image file be placed for the program to use it?

Any help would be appreciated...

Scott

Welcome to Opus :slight_smile:

Unfortunately the Go DRIVEBUTTONS command can only display the default icons for drives it displays. Probably the best option is to just define the buttons yourself using the Go command - eg, for H:\ drive say, the command would just be [b]Go H:[/b]. You can then specify any icon you want. Note though that you will lose the 'hideempty' ability of the Go DRIVEBUTTONS command if you do this.

Unfortunately not the one I hoped for. Still DO is the most powerful file manager I've ever seen. I'll be purchasing soon...

Maybe I should submit that as a feature request...

Since Opus just asks the operating system for the drive icons, you can assign different icons to those drives via the registry, or via the drives themselves using Autorun.ini.

Registry

Create a key called:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\DriveIcons\H\DefaultIcon

Then set its default string value to the path to a .ico file. The \H\ in the key is the drive letter so change that to set the icon for other drives.

Autorun.ini

I'm not sure if this works for Flash drives or not but it's worth a try if you don't want to, or can't, guarantee which drive letter they will use or that they'll be the only things using that letter.

Autorun.ini files allow drives to specify an icon to use in place of the system default.