Office documents not opening with DOpus

I have a weird situation occurring where my Microsoft Office documents are not opening when I double-click on them in DOpus. Instead I get an error message saying that the document is not a valid Win32 application. It's like DOpus is ignoring the file type and thinks it is an application file.

If I copy the document to the desktop and then double-click on it then it opens correctly. Also if I right-click on the file and select "Open With..." then it all works fine.

I have not touched anything to do with filetypes and this occurs for all Office documents, Word, Excel, Access etc.

From closer observation it appears that when I double-click on the files in Windows Explorer they load fine, however as soon as I attempt to load the document in DOpus, I get the error msg. I can use the DOpus Viewer Pane to read the files but that's all.

I am using Vista 64-Bit.

Yes it's a known problem with 64-bit, will be fixed in the next update.

Thank you

opus 9.0.0.8 on vista x64 still refuses to open office documents for me, will post updates if it's something on my end

I can confirm that Office documents still refuse to open in 64-Bit Vista in DOpus 9.0.0.8.

"...is not a valid Win32 application" still appears.

DOH! I just submitted a ticket for this just now -- shoulda looked further down the page. Wah Waaaaah.

I have found the same problem. I am also running Win XP 64 bit and upgraded to 9.0.0.8 today. Excel and Word files still do not open from within Dopus.

I wonder if it's some sort of DDE issue there. I'll have to experiment with it some more when I get time.

Just ending this topic by confirming that this issue is now fixed with version 9.0.0.9.

Thanks