Lister shows short filenames only

Hi All,

"all of a sudden" files and folders in the lister are shown as short and all-caps - e.g: PROGRA~1 for 'Program Files'.

This only happens in details/power mode and does not affect the treeview. Any ideas how to fix this please? I am using WinXP.

cheers,
Mark

Instead of stealing Opus - try buying it.

Amazing how these morons not only steal the program but then have the audacity to post here asking for help.

Fools...

well, i was trying it out, tho i cannot deny i used some serial :blush: I'm impressed how you managed to figure that out - there are only 2 ways this could happen - 1. this bug only occurs on unregistered/cracked versions, 2. DOpus is sending info without my knowledge. I hope it is not the latter. I also hope this "bug" is not there if I actually decide to buy the software - which is very good BTW (i think i remember it back from the Amiga days).

The bug is a well-known problem caused by using a crack. Stop using the crack and the bug will go away.

More importantly, if you're just trying it out WTF are you using a crack? You get 60 days for free so there's no real excuse.

I remember when Opus 9 hadn't even been out for 60 days we had people reporting this problem. I guess some people decide they won't pay for something, but still want to use it forever and in place of the alternative products, before they've even tried it to see what it's worth during the period where it is free to use legitimately. Then they have the audacity to come to the forum and ask for our time.

By the way, the 60 days evaluation period made me buy DOpus!
After 30 days I wasn't sure yet as there is so much that isn't obvious and I just didn't have enough time besides the daily work to investigate.

while i appreciate Leo's concern with the use of pirated software, i can safely report that this problem is happening to me as well, even after i've just installed the 60-day Certificate.

has anyone actually mentioned a solution other than "Stop using the crack and the bug will go away"?

It's not happening in certain modes, either; it's happening in ALL modes.

mborg, with any real firewall you'd know that the latter is, in fact, the case.

You've just installed the 60-day certificate, but what did you install or modify before that? There must be something leftover.

Also, make sure the installer you use comes from GPsoftware and has a valid digital signature (see the FAQs for instructions on how to check).

[quote="glennnall"]
mborg, with any real firewall you'd know that the latter is, in fact, the case.[/quote]
Interesting! and surely gp is not the only company; i know why to keep the important files on an offline pc

Erm, Opus isn't sending your information anywhere. Not sure why anyone would jump to that conclusion. (Run a network monitor if you're that paranoid.)

We couldn't care less about your files/information, to be honest. :slight_smile:

This is not a new habit, because i know (knew) that the best firewall and antivirus program is to be offline.

thanks, Leo. what did i install or modify before? nothing. I bought this computer used last year, and only just recently decided to try DOpus 10...

so how can i get rid of these SFNs if i'm using (i am) a legit 60 day license?

Get in touch with GPSoftware support: gpsoft.com.au/Support.html