10.5.0.6.4835 Beta Regressions? Please confirm

On my system: Windows 8 Pro x64, Dopus 10.5.0.6b x64 after upgrading I noticed two things that are bugging me.

1. Whenever I drag a file from a winrar window into a dopus lister - that same lister freezes indefinitely (gets dimmed as not responding) and the other listers' cannot handle actions anymore (like double clicking files etc). Only resolution is to kill dopus. Location and permissions of the folder I am dragging files to are irrelevant as it happes both in admin mode as well as in normal mode.

2. For some reason all hidden files are now shown all the time and my toggle button with "Set GLOBALHIDEHIDDEN=Toggle" stopped doing anything. I would expect from it to hide the -h attrib-ed and system files. Was working flawlessly with 10.5.0.0.

I'm interested if anyone else is experiencing similar behavior and if so, I hope these issues get fixed for the next version.

I am also on Win 8 Pro x64. I tried both of your items and they worked fine for me.

GLOBALHIDEHIDDEN shouldn't affect system files, only hidden. That's what it does on my system. HIDESYSTEMFILES will do what it says.

1. I don't think anything has changed there, at least from my testing with WinRAR 4.20. Dragging from WinRAR to Opus has always tied up the window you drag to (but not other windows) until the drop is complete. The same happens when dragging to Explorer.

2. Explained in the 10.5.0.2 release notes.

Thank you gentlemen. The problem with the hidden and the system files is solved. I must have skipped that particular change log. As for the other one I suppose it could be a faulty shell extension which interferes with drag and drop or something similar. I will post again when I find a solution to it, in case anyone else experiences this peculiar problem.

I just updated to v10.5.10 and I'm suddenly experiencing the issue described above involving a freeze of the lister when attempting to drag & drop a file from WinRAR (v4.20) to a lister window.

Was there any resolution or any suggestions?

As Leo said, this isn't anything new - "Dragging from WinRAR to Opus has always tied up the window you drag to (but not other windows) until the drop is complete. The same happens when dragging to Explorer."

You can open RAR archives directly in Opus so there's no real reason to use WinRAR for this anyway.

I know the functionality is there, but I prefer to use WinRAR.

To clarify, dragging any file(s) of any size, even a single kb sized file, hangs the Opus lister window permanently requiring manual killing of the Opus process in Task Manager.

Also, I forgot to mention I updated from v10.5.0.0

I did some poking around in the advanced options. It seems setting the "dragdrop_async" value to FALSE solves the issue, at least for small, single files. I'll have to do some more testing to find out if it completely solves the problem.

I would appreciate any advice as to whether modifying this setting could cause any negative consequences.

Thanks.

My drag & drop problems have been resolved for now.
Since my OS is on a tiny 64GB SSD, i had an NTFS symbolic link relocating Users{Username}\Local Settings\Temp to G:\Temp
After some random snooping around I decided to skip the symbolic link and changed the environmental variables for usermode TEMP and TMP to point to G:\Temp directly.
That seemed to fix it for me. Until today when I got "Drag & Drop operation failed" when trying to drag anything from winrar the moment the mouse starts dragging (not dopuses fault).
The most likely suspect this time was VMWare's drag&drop handler, which is buggy as hell and seems to interfere with dnd/clipboard operations on a global level occasionally.
Even after suspending the VMs, closing VMWare, and restarting the explorer process (ctrl+shift+right-click on taskbar > Exit explorer) the "Operation failed" error remained.
Seems winrar messed up it's shell extension somehow. Using regsvr32 on them to un/re-register failed miserably, but after reinstalling WinRar (simple overwrite installation) the error finally went away.
Drags work and dopus does not freeze. My dragdrop_async is at default setting.

Apologies, I thought your issue was the same as mine, so I posted here.
I'm using Win7 x64, not using symbolic links and not having issues dragging from WinRAR to any other application except Opus.

FWIW, I did try reinstalling WinRAR (couldn't hurt). It didn't help, but thanks anyway.

I'll start a new thread with all the relevant info so if anyone else has this problem, they'll at least be able to work around it.
Hopefully someone knows whether changing the dragdrop_async setting is reasonably 'safe'.

I still think it is somewhat relevant as in the beginning I was also only experiencing it while dragging to dopus windows.
I'm not even exactly sure if it had anything to do with the symbolic links and it might be just my imagination that THAT fixed it.
Thus I was only giving some suggestions to try out. :wink: