11.7 and USB drive removal

Gave 11.7 a test drive today and was disappointed to see that Opus still does not notice a USB drive disconnection. The lister never removes the drive but "computer" does so immediately. Is there any new setting in 11.7 that would help? Seems I have had this problem since 10.5.2 or so. Thanks.

FWIW, it notices them OK here.

Does Windows Explorer notice them?

And if so, does Opus, if an Explorer window is open for My Computer at the same time?

Some devices do not report ejection or removal properly. If they don't tell Windows they were removed, Windows doesn't tell Opus. I have a DVD drive with this problem (widely reported for the model) and noticed that while it also affects Explorer, if Explorer is showing My Computer it seems to periodically check for devices which have gone missing and if it notices it simulates the system-wide event, which causes everything else to then see them, but only if it happens to be viewing My Computer when the device is ejected/removed.

Another thing is to make sure Opus is not running elevated, as that will block those events from reaching it. (You can use Admin Mode in Opus to elevate individual windows, but should not run dopus.exe itself elevated if UAC is enabled.)

An old problem, never solved for me...
[url]Refresh lister after drive removed]

Yes Explorer sees it right away, if open same time as lister or opened later. F5 in lister fixes it.
Not elevated as far as I know, I just use the normal opus installer and never changed anything. Call lister from a double click on desktop.
2 different computers with same problem, different USB drives. Seemed 10.2 didn't have the problem, started with 10.5 or so for me.
Can't figure what hardware might be different here causing the problem except I use USB 3.0. I will see if I can borrow a USB 2.0 drive and test that but since explorer drops the USB 3.0 connection as expected dont think it is a USB problem. Thanks.

Update: Just removed and reconnected my USB drive 10 times and opus failed to notice 8 times. Twice it removed the drive correctly. Explorer got it right 10/10. Perhaps it is a timing issue. Win 7 and all updates here. Thanks.

Well, I have gone back to 10.5.2.0 and opus get the drive disconnect right 10/10 times. Can't believe only two of us have this problem in later versions.