3 small questions

Hello!

I am back with DOpus after a long break, so please bear with me :slight_smile:

• Seach tab for DOpus online help is empty here. Is it normal?
  • I remember once that I could play mp3 files in preview panel. Now the buttons are missing. Where are they?
  • What was this little option to keep file lists in lister change synchronically?

TIA
X.

The Search tab is fine here (lists lots of stuff). I guess the index the Windows help system builds has gone wrong somehow. Not sure how to fix except for reinstalling over the top of the current install.

To play music files in the viewer pane try adding their extensions to the ActiveX Document viewer plugin. That will often open them using Media Player within the pane. (Opus also has its own player but it appears as a small dialog and not within the viewer pane.)

I'm not sure what your third question is asking. Could you rephrase it?

So you can search for items in help? Hmmm, OK, I'll try to solve it.

[quote="nudel"]
To play music files in the viewer pane try adding their extensions to the ActiveX Document viewer plugin. That will often open them using Media Player within the pane. (Opus also has its own player but it appears as a small dialog and not within the viewer pane.)[/quote]

OK. Anyway, do I remeber it right, that at one time there were two small square buttons in preview panel, below file metadata, allowing to play/stop file?

[quote="nudel"]
I'm not sure what your third question is asking. Could you rephrase it?[/quote]

The option that produces the following behaviour:
In dual lister, when I change directory in one file-list, the path in the other changes to the path selected in the first file-list.

X.

Do you mean this plugin:

That's the MP3 plugin which I think still comes with Opus. Check it isn't disabled in Preferences / Plugins and also, if you want to use it, make sure that the ActiveX Document plugin is not set to handle the .mp3 extension, else it might get to the files first. :slight_smile:

Got ya. That is the "Navigation Lock" (NavLock) feature.

You drag the Navigation Lock button from Customize / Commands / Category: Go to your toolbar. Then click the button to turn it on.

I find NavLock extremely useful, but also only use it occasionally, so I ended up moving it to the lister context menu to save a bit of toolbar space. The choice is yours. :slight_smile:

Thanks for reply.

I must have messed up my plugins, no problem.

I want to use NavLock to implement simple image browser- one file list with thumbnails, one with details + preview panel.

X.

Nice idea, it can be useful to view the same folder in two different ways sometimes. I had never thought of using NavLock for this before. :slight_smile:

It works, too. NavLock is happy to keep both sides in sync even if they're display the same folder.

If, while using this mode, you find you've got file selected in one side that you wish were selected in the other, remember you can use the command Select SOURCETODEST to do this.