A couple problems I can't seem to remedy in version 9

Using DOpus 9 here. These are a couple features present in other FMs that I can't seem to replicate. I use details mode with two panes.

1. When entering a directory after scrolling down through a larger directory, when I go back the cursor doesn't retain focus on the directory being exited, but goes to the top. How can I make it retain focus on the directory being exited? I know it remembers considering the directory flashes after I go back up.

2. When I middle click on the new directory button in order to calculate the contents of all directories within a pane, the sizes aren't cached after I enter one of the directories and go back up. Is there no option for this? It's a very simple feature.

3. When dragging and dropping files in one pane into directories in the other pane (without actually entering the directories), it doesn't recalculate the size of that directory in which I've just added files, even if before dragging and dropping I calculated the size of the directory with a middle click on the new folder button.

I find it hard to believe none of this is possible... Are there still options internalized in the registry that I haven't found yet?

I use the backspace key as a hotkey to do this. In customize mode go to KEYS then either modify or add a hotkey of your choosing and give it the command:

Go BACK UP

[quote="galneon"]2. When I middle click on the new directory button in order to calculate the contents of all directories within a pane, the sizes aren't cached after I enter one of the directories and go back up. Is there no option for this? It's a very simple feature.

1. When dragging and dropping files in one pane into directories in the other pane (without actually entering the directories), it doesn't recalculate the size of that directory in which I've just added files, even if before dragging and dropping I calculated the size of the directory with a middle click on the new folder button. [/quote]

You could try enabling the preferences option shown in the screenshot below. I do not want that option enabled on my machine because I would rather tell Opus when I want it to calculate sizes. Which I do with this button command:

GetSizes

Thanks for the first tip, works perfectly, but unfortunately calculate all directory contents just takes too long :confused: Hopefully something will be done about it soon.

That's why I manually calculate file and folder sizes with that GetSizes button. :wink:

If you switch to using Go BACK UP instead of Go UP then when you enter a directory and then exit it by parenting out again, Opus will leave the directory selected and will also remember the calculated folder sizes (since both things are remembered by the lister's history/cache).

This FAQ explains how to switch over to Go BACK UP in all the different places (toolbar, hotkey, file display border):

[HOW TO: Remember scroll positions and file selections)

That should solve questions 1 and 2.

For question 3 I think you'll need to send GPSoft a feature request as, at the moment, folder sizes don't get updated automatically after changes to the folders.

Yeah, I've already changed my go up toolbar button to go back up, so one and two are solved. I'll submit a feature request for the third. Thanks again.

Cool. :slight_smile: I didn't mean to duplicate what John said, just to give you the FAQ link in case the other things in it were helpful. Guess you were already there. :slight_smile: