A minor niggle: hierarchy, tick boxes, folder/file seleciton

Only a minor niggle...

I remember a while ago when I first had a trial of Opus, that one of the things I could never understand why it did not do...

When you are displaying folders, with file contents (I think it was flat view), and had tick boxes next to them... if you selected a folder, it did not automatically select the contents of that folder.. which seemed rather odd to me.. why would you want to tick a folder, but not have its contents selected also??

It doesnt seem to behave the way I would expect from such selection methods... If you select some files within a folder, the parent folder usually has a greyed tick, or solid blcok to indicate partial content seleciton.. of if you tick the parent folder, its contents are automatically selected also...

Is this not the case with opus..????

Are you talking about when using the Synchronize tool or when using the Checkbox display option with Flat View mode?

I think (from memory) that the Sync tool does indicate when some/all child items in a directory are marked for syncing by showing a dimmed arrow or cross beside the folders.

On the other hand in Checkbox mode, when not using the Sync tool, things are either selected or not. Directories are not equal to the files within them so it would not make sense to select them automatically if the files below them were selected. When you run a command in Checkbox mode it will be run against whatever is ticked. Thus a "half ticked" (grey) state has no meaning (except for display purposes, perhaps), and you would not want the folder to be ticked automatically when all of its children were. For example, how could you delete the contents of a folder without deleting the folder itself if ticking the contents also ticked the folder?