A Request For Help

Hello all. I don't ever do this sort of thing, but after what I've been going through lately, I thought I'd make this post, and see what the outcome is.

I am an old disabled Vet, and I have to live on an extremely small monthly budget. I have Opus 11.19, and I make due with that version the best I can. However, it has come to my attention that in order to get more functionality out of this great program, I really should be using Opus 12.

Well, the stark reality of my life situation is that I just cannot find it within my budget to afford Opus 12. So, the purpose of this post is to ask if anyone might happen to have an extra license certificate that they are not using, that they would be wiling to gift to me?

I truly hope this post is not frowned upon, because my purpose is not to offend anyone, but to try as a last resort to be able to run Opus 12. Thank you all for your time, and for reading this!

Oblias

I think the chances of you getting a positive response increase if you make some flippant attempt like a Venezuelan did with his #SwapACommie campaign. Now he gets 400+ USD per month via Patreon.

Maybe a campaign related to intelectual property? Assuming you are from the United States and given that people around the world disrespect the rights of many Americans every second, something related to the military acting against that would be interesting, or so I think.

I disagree. I think that total transparent and honesty go a lot farther than people give credit for. I have learned in life the simple fact that if one needs help, one has to ask for it. Of course, that certainly doesn't mean that they will get that help, but by the same token, it's 100% sure that they will NOT get that help if they don't ask.

Understand, I'm not begging. I am simply and honestly asking that if anyone is in a position to help, it would be more appreciated than they might possibly ever know. The world is an ever-changing place, but I hold fast to the belief that there are still good, kind people who help.

But I have to say, you do have a unique outlook on things......

I'm not sure how to go about this post. You see, I got notification that someone, who wishes to remain anonymous, has blessed me with an Opus 12 license certificate. I do not have that person's email or even user name, so that I cannot thank them in private.

I don't mind thanking you in public! I may not know who you are, but of course, you do, so when you read this, please know that from the bottom of my heart I thank you! It was a very kind and generous thing you have done, and I have to admit that it's probably the most kindness anyone has shown me in a while now. You have lifted my spirits! I'd like to share a saying with you, that I sincerely pass along in the hopes that it applies daily to your life:

"May your troubles be less, may your blessings be more, and
may nothing but happiness come through your door!!"

THANK YOU!

2 Likes

Whoa...

Whoever it was, if you are out to help old disabled veterans, helping Adam Kokesh would be amazing. His plea is:

Because no one should be President, we are putting "none of the above" on the ballot in 2020 in the form of Adam Kokesh. Are you ready to help us fix this broken system?

Oblias2,

Did you receive your new version 12 licence?

__
Greg

I certainly did. I've registered it with this forum, and the whole sheebang.

Even made a post about it, just a couple up from this one.

Thanks very much for following up on things!!

Excellent!