Access is denied... [Update: Due to firewall/antivirus]

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is an Opus issue but all works well using Explorer.

I have just reinstalled Windows 7, followed by Dropbox (my Opus backups are stored here), Opus, AVGFree, Comodo and Google Chrome.

I restored my Opus configuration, which worked fine, but now I don't have access to the root of my c:\ drive and w:\ (external hard drive). My shortcuts for these drives allow me to go directly to sub folders of c:\ and w:\ but I still don't have full access. I can create a new file/folder but I'm unable to delete them, instead I get the error message "c:\ is not accessible". Attempting to go directly to c:\ or w:\ gives the following error message: "An error occurred reading folder. Access is denied. (5)"

I have rebooted several times.

Can anyone offer any help?

Regards

Blueroly

Does the same thing happen in Windows Explorer? It seems unlikely to be an Opus issue.

I thought the same but all works well in explorer. I can access all folders, and create and delete files and folders.

If you look in Task Manager's Processes tab, are both explorer.exe and dopus.exe running as the same user? (You might need to add the User Name column.)

Is UAC working correctly in Opus, or outside of Opus? (If it doesn't work in Opus, you may need to reinstall Opus & reboot.)

[quote="leo"]If you look in Task Manager's Processes tab, are both explorer.exe and dopus.exe running as the same user? (You might need to add the User Name column.)

Is UAC working correctly in Opus, or outside of Opus? (If it doesn't work in Opus, you may need to reinstall Opus & reboot.)[/quote]

Yes to both questions.

I've decided to go back a step and reinstall windows, testing Opus after everything I install. So far I have installed Windows 7 and Opus... Opus works fine with both the default configuration and my configuration so the problem lies elsewehre.

I suspect now it will have something to do with Comodo or AVGFree. We'll see...

Thanks for you help as usual Leo, hopefully I'll sort it out myself now.

Turned out to be the firewall blocking Opus... user error!!!

Feel free to delete this.