Actual Creation Date?

In this example the actual Date of creation is in the file name,(2009 October 09) yet none of the date options show this.
Is there another way to find metadata creation date info?

Maybe you have copied the files at a later time? To keep the original time stamps, you need to have -> preferences -> file operations -> copy attributes -> keep time stamps of copied files checked.

1 Like

Not unless it’s stored inside the files. Some file formats have additional timestamps inside them.

The value of the filesystem Created timestamp depends on how the file was copied, editor or created. Opus has an option to preserve Created (and Modified) timestamps when copying files, but some software will reset either (sometimes both) instead.

1 Like

PrintMeta can tell you what date info is still there.

1 Like

This file "Piano" was opened and modified today, none of the dates reflect this.
Are there some other hidden "date created / modified" that need to be displayed as columns?
There are several variations of "date created / modified"

dopus_DateTimeMod2

preferences -> file operations -> copy attributes -> keep time stamps of copied files checked"
This was already on, I don't tinker with the guts of opus.

You'll see the same in File Explorer and everything else, since the displayed dates come from the filesystem. The time values are not something Opus is inventing itself; Opus just displays them.

If Cakewalk (or whichever software opened the files) isn't changing timestamps the way you'd expect, it's something to ask the Cakewalk developers about.

It's also possible those files were not changed the last time they were opened, in which case the timestamps would not normally change either. Also, if the files are still open, the timestamps may not change until they are closed. Another possibility is that Cakewalk modifies the files but preserves the original timestamps, which software is free to do (although usually doesn't, except sometimes for things like metadata editors where people might not want a timestamp to change from a minor tag edit).

1 Like

I see that .cwp files are audio files. I don't know anything about Cakewalk metadata, but installing the ExifTool Custom Columns script will allow you to display more/different metadata fields, and perhaps one or more of those metadata fields will suit your needs.

1 Like