Add "Copy to" and "move to" etc to context menu

Right now, when using drag-and-drop I get the options to "Copy here", "Move here", Create Shortcut(s) here, "Create New Folder to MOVE to", "Create New Folder to COPY to" and of course "Cancel". See at the bottom.

However, I wud like to have these options available in the Context Menu by default, i.e. not only when I use the drag-n-drop function.

With special thanks to Steje (whilst quoting below a part of his posting way back in on dec.10,2005 being a reply to another question regarding the context menu), I got as far as...

-quote-

Customize->Context Menus and doubleclick on the Lister Context item. This opens the menu in edit mode so you will not see the actual New -> menu item that you'd expect... You should instead see an item called Lister Context Menu. Click the RMB on it and select Edit. A Command Editor window will open

-unquote-

Okay, now what ...???

Hope anybody can help..

thanks
[/img]

Have a look at this post for a quick guide on making a context menu item, including how to put it in a sub-menu.

Sorry ... I am not experienced. The item you refer to is about setting color I am afraid. Whereas I am already starting out to miss the knowledge of how to create an item like "move to". ... :cry:

Something like "Move To" doesn't really make sense in a non-drag&drop context menu does it? What are you moving? The item you right-click on? Then where are you moving it to? I just can't see how it could be useful.

@mrwul:
There are several 'Context Menus' in Opus... the one you're referring to in your quote from one of my previous posts was about the menu that appears when you click RMB on the file display background... not on files/folders.

You should actually already have an idea about where to go from having added the commands to your drop menu. To do that, you would had to have gone to Settings->File Types and then double-clicked on All files and Folders under the 'Directory Opus File Types' category. From there, you would have clicked on the Drop Menu tab and added your copy/move to new folder commands... To do what you want to do now, just do the same thing but select the Context Menu tab instead of the 'Drop Menu' tab and place your commands there as well.

@jon:
I'm surprised you mentioned anything about how useful this would or wouldn't be though... Doing things this way is not MY preference to be sure, but the Copy and Move buttons on the default Opus toolbar have the exact same 'destination folder' requirements as a non-dropping context menu action... no?

Note: trying to actually 'copy and paste' a context menu action item from the Drop Menu tab over to the Context Menu tab results in the pasted action item being of the wrong Function 'type'. Rather than a 'Standard Function (Opus or external)' you wind up with a 'Run an application (supported in Opus and Explorer)'... which then doesn't work properly. I think I reported this once or twice. Can't remember now - no coffee yet.

Example where it might be useful: if -within an application- you click "File-Open" and at that moment notice you prefer certain files to be located elsewhere, the option 'move to' would be handy.

Else, you need to close the the file-open window, start DO, move to that specific folder and move files, go back to first application.
It is just an idea, donot know whether it will work, but I simply wanted to check that out.

Then again, to check that out I need to know hów to add items to the context menu. That knowledge, regretfully, I am missing... :cry:

=

Steje: hello to you,
Many thanks for the feedback!
I succeeded in adding the items to the Context Menu (Yeah, I can hear you saying: "Waow!" :wink: )

Discovered that they will not work from within an applicaton.
Bad luck there. Guess I have to live with that.

Anyway, thanks again!

brgds

Internal Opus commands only work inside of Opus. You can turn them into external commands by using dopusrt.exe, though... Well, depending on exactly what you are aiming to do.

In this case using the Windows Send-To menu may be easier.

As a "Standard Function (Opus or external) I have (e.g.)

dopusrt /cmd Copy TO HERE CREATEFOLDER "{dlgstring|Specify folder-name to COPY items to...: {d}|{d}}"

However, I am afraid we are 'stuck' to the File Open dialogue of Microsoft.

=

I don't think the "HERE" part will work in an external command since there is no lister to refer to (and "HERE" means the current folder of the lister that launched the command). You'd need to include the actual path in the command but I'm not sure if there's a way to do that which works in Explorer.

Copy TO=ask$ might work, though I haven't tried it in external commands.