Adding a Column

Hi guys,

There are several columns I need to add to a lister on a regular basis, although I don't want these columns permanently on display. I have looked at the Set COLUMNADD command but cannot figure it out.

I thought something like this would work: Set COLUMNADD="dimensions"

After reading further down the help file I noticed that column names have aliases so I changed "dimensions" to "picsize" and that worked fine.

As "dimensions" is also an alias for "Movies:Dimensions" why wasn't this column added to my lister...?

Part of the command description for COLUMNADD shows "/K" or "/O" at the end of the command. What do these mean...?

And finally can I customise items on the "lister column" context menu...? (see image below). For example, I rarely use the attributes, created, accessed or descriptions column so these could be replaced with the dimensions column plus others I use more frequently.

Apologies if there's a topic already covering this but I can't find it.

Cheers

Roly

To add items on "lister column" -> Customize / Context Menus tabs.
Select "headermenu" and create button with this command "SET COLUMNSTOGGLE=picsize".

You can read manual here.

(AlbatorIV's reply arrived while I was writing this so a couple of things are repeated.)

Use the drop-down menus in the command editor to create the Set COLUMNADD=... button. Then you don't have to guess about the column names as you get a menu of the names.

Columns only have one "internal" name. The same column may appear under both Movies and Pictures but it's always the picsize column. You'll see the same thing when you use the command editor menus. "picsize" is listed under both Pictures and Movies. It's the same column but applies to more than one category.

See the first page of the Opus Raw Commands chapter in the manual.

Yes: Go to Settings -> Customize / Context Menus and edit the Lister Column Header menu.

Tip: Add an item to the bottom of the menu with this command:

Set COLUMNSTOGGLE=columnlist

The menu will then list all of the available columns in sub-menus arranged by category.

(Should be part of the default config, IMO.)

[quote="AlbatorV"]To add items on "lister column" -> Customize / Context Menus tabs.
Select "headermenu" and create button with this command "SET COLUMNSTOGGLE=picsize".

You can read manual here.[/quote]

AlbatorV,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't realise the "Lister Column Header" appeared in the customise dialog... silly me.

Can you explain why my command Set COLUMNADD="dimensions" didn't work but Set COLUMNADD="picsize" did...? That's still puzzles me.

[quote]Tip: Add an item to the bottom of the menu with this command:

Set COLUMNSTOGGLE=columnlist

The menu will then list all of the available columns in sub-menus arranged by category.

(Should be part of the default config, IMO.)[/quote]

This is precisely what I wanted, I just started adding these manually... I'll cancel now :slight_smile:

Agreed, this should definitely be part of the default config.

Thanks for all the tips Leo.

How can i toggle a certain column (for example "description") on & off in the current lister?

Set COLUMNSTOGGLE=desc

Set COLUMNSTOGGLE=desc[/quote]

Thank you, i just found that. I had "description" instead of ""desc".

Set COLUMNSTOGGLE=desc[/quote]

Thank you, i just found that. I had "description" instead of ""desc".[/quote]

That's where I was going wrong. A full list of column aliases can be found here.

Looks like it's worth to use the online help a bit more. Usually i only look into the PDFs.

PDF, online help and build help (when you press F1) are the same...

For what it's worth the toggling of different combinations of columns is one of my primary uses of styles.

By the way, the Set COLUMNSTOGGLE command also lets you specify where the column should be added. It doesn't always have to be added as the last/rightmost column. See the description of the Set command in the manual's Opus Raw Commands chapter for all the details.