Adding a seperator in custom toolbar

Hi,

I know it's possible, but I can't find it.

Anybody?

A search of the manual for "separator" found plenty of results.

Basically you can either right click on a button (in customize mode) and select "Begin Group" to insert a separator.

Alternatively simply dragging a button (again in customize mode) slightly to the right and on top of itself will result in a separator being added.

Either untick "Begin Group" or drag and drop the button to the left and onto itself to remove the separator.

Allright! Thanks a lot!!

The "begin a group" option does not appear to exist for the first button in a tool bar. This may not normally be necessary except that some physical toolbars on the screen are actually several (in my case 3) logical toolbars.

It seems that despite the abscence of a "begin a group" on the first button, the image toolbar seems to begin with a seperator automatically when placed after another toolbar. This does not seem to apply for the applications toolbar when it is placed after another toolbar resulting in a "one continuous group" look.

In order to get a sperator, I had to add a very small spacer as the first button in the applications toolbar which enabled the "begin a group" on the next.

What am I missing here ?

Not sure why the applications toolbar doesn't get the seperator for you - it does here. In the following screenshot the default applications toolbar starts with the text "A Sample..."

Apparently if I switch the order of the applications toolbar and the image toolbar, then the situation reverses and the image toolbar doesn't begin with a sperator.

That seems to leave the beginning toolbar on the line as the problem .... the DRIVES TOOLBAR.

The next toolbar after that doesn't have a beginning seperator , at least by my early testing.

attached pic of toolbar

Is it definitely a separate toolbar? Could you show us a screenshot while in Customize mode?

customize and normal modes

It doesn't matter what I try I cannot reproduce this. Could you post your drives toolbar and the one which starts with "Sync Flicker" here for us to try?

post it there , I showed the pics. I have no idea what you mean by post it there.

Attach the actual toolbars to a reply here - the actual *.dop file for the drive and the other toolbar.

yo0u mean the DOP files ?
Drives.dop (955 Bytes)
Applications.dop (4.23 KB)

ADDITIONALLY ! it only appears to be a problem when I have all 3 toolbars on the same line.

Dives, Applications, Images

Ok I can reproduce it now - it's having 3 toolbars on the one line which causes it to miss the first seperator of the second toolbar.

I've reported it.

[quote="tanis"]Ok I can reproduce it now - it's having 3 toolbars on the one line which causes it to miss the first seperator of the second toolbar.

I've reported it.[/quote]

Been 2 updates since this was reported .... when does the fix come out ?

When GPSoftware fix it.

[quote="hpearce"][quote="tanis"]Ok I can reproduce it now - it's having 3 toolbars on the one line which causes it to miss the first seperator of the second toolbar.

I've reported it.[/quote]

Been 2 updates since this was reported .... when does the fix come out ?[/quote]

Was it ever officially reported or just discussed here?

Er, never mind. I see that Tanis did say he reported it.

This bug has been open forever now. was it really reported ?

Why isn't it fixed by now ?