Adjust folder thumbnail settings - displays icons instead of thumbs

Hello,
this may be a problem with my computer only so first I'd like to ask someone to check on his/her machine.
"Preferneces ->File Display Mode -> Display thumbnails for folders" must be ticked.
Now click on Adjust folder thumbnail settings
In the new dialog untick display folder frame

After this operation the actual folder gets updated accordingly (means that borders are gone) but whenever I enter one of subfolders (containing pictures, and still in thumbnail mode) - all thumbs are gone. Refreshing doesn't help, toggling between display modes doesn't help - every mode shows default icons only - no thumbnails. Going to another folder doesn't help.

The only solution is to close the lister and open the new one - then all thumbs are back.
That also happens when ticking display folder frame (not only unticking).

I have the latest beta.
Thanks

• If you clear your thumbnail cache, does the problem remain?

• Would it be possible to post a screenshot of the Thumbnails preferences page, and another of what the lister looks like when things aren't working?

Jon & I have not been able to reproduce this so far, but we may not be trying quite the right thing.

Thanks Leo,

I cleared thumbnail cache and the problem is gone (so simple..)

Thanks.

Does the problem happen again if you do what you were doing before (without clearing the cache), or did clearing the cache fix things for good?

It is not happening anymore - I repeated few times all steps I described above.
Looks like the problem is gone for good.

Thanks

1 Like