Admin mode no longer works

Good morning,

"Admin" mode no longer works, it is impossible to increase rights.

Thank you for your feedback

Please use English on this forum. Machine translation is fine, but don't make everyone reading your posts do that work.

Good morning,

I understand, sorry, why not create a section in the forum in French (or another language), because for non-English speakers it's not easy?

I will edit the post and hope the translation is correct.

1 Like

What happens? Or is the button not available?

If it's not available, Opus is probably already elevated. See: Why NOT to run Opus as Administrator under UAC

Because you'd be talking to yourself if we did that. Most of the people who can help only speak English (and sometimes German).

Good morning,

I never run an admin session always locally, I do have the "admin" button but it is grayed out, before it worked very well, I don't get to use it much, but it can be practical to perform specific operations.

Concerning the French forum, I don't know the number of DO users in France, besides is there a reference, would it be interesting to know the number of users? But actually he is not very well known in France, I try to promote him when possible :slight_smile: but we will always be outnumbered, that's for sure.

Capture1

on the global view we see admin grayed out, and the other by editing the button, maybe there is a command error?

Please have a look with RegEdit at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System and see what EnableLUA is set to:

I don't have this option, do I have to create it ?

I specify that I have my local user account and an admin account.
Admin mode worked very well some time ago

Thanks

I had the problem once, I re-installed the latest version in the existing folder, and it was fixed again. Have you tried that?

the translation is not clear, which file are you talking about?

Installing DOpus from setup file again, fixed my problem.

Reinstalling Opus won't fix the missing information in the registry which is set by Windows itself.

You could create the missing registry value to match what's in Jon's screenshot. But I would worry about what else is missing/broken, how the registry data was removed, and what else was damaged by whatever did that.

Personally, I'd be thinking about reinstalling Windows unless I could work out what happened to the registry and how to repair it properly.

I've found ! :smile: it was linked to an update concerning root and an application (DO probably) I installed it and since then it's good, the elevation of rights works again. thank you for your help

Strange, because My system is doing very well, I have no problems.

I have the admin account open, and my local account, for each task, deletion of a certain file, or installation, I have the Windows uac window which asks me to enter the password to validate the task.

in admin mode I have more things in the registry, see the photo.

So HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE changes depending on who is logged in? I’ve never seen that before.

I don't know if my procedures are necessary under Windows, I come from Linux (double boot) where I learned to dissociate the root and the user by assigning specific rights.

I tried to reproduce this diagram on my Windows system, and I am quite happy with it overall.