Advanced Rename dialog does not retain status

I often use Advanced rename in "Find And Replace" mode with "Ignore extension" unchecked. However, every time I open it, it reverts to "Standard Wildcard Rename" and "Ignore extension" checked.

Is there a way for it to remember its previously used settings? I played with Presets + Favorite a bit but it didn't help. I think it would make sense to remember its previously used status.

You can click the image button to recall the previously performed rename settings. Alternatively, change the command to Rename PRESET=last to automatically recall the previous settings.

1 Like

Thanks, I tried the latter. I assume you mean editing the Rename toolbar button, and changing Function: Rename to Rename PRESET=last.

This does retain the settings, but it also retains the previously used file names in Find/Replace. So, the file selections made prior to pressing the Rename button are essentially ignored. It works, but becomes more difficult to use.

Save a preset with what you want, then change the button to open the dialog with that preset preloaded.

Rename ADVANCED PRESET="My Preset"
1 Like

Thank you, that does the trick. Damn, is there something this software cannot do?