Aliasses problem

Two problem with aliases...

• it's possible to rename built-in aliases in preferences by clicking aliase (rename button are disabled).
  • "Show built-in aliases" status are not save.

PS: i use DO from usb key

:open_mouth: it's not possible any more to "Edit" post ?? :open_mouth:

Via F2 or clicking twice, you mean? Confirmed. The change isn't saved so it's not a big problem but I've reported it to GPSoft so they can make those labels read-only to avoid confusion.

I don't think it's meant to be saved. The list only showed user-created aliases originally, but then I thought it'd be useful to have a list of all the built-in aliases, and what they point to, somewhere. I requested that and GPSoft added the checkbox.

I guess it wouldn't hurt if it was saved but I think it may be on purpose that it isn't.

No. :frowning: People have been editing their original posts after they've been answered to ask new questions or to remove their original questions, which makes the forum difficult to follow (sometimes useless) for other people who are looking for answers to the same questions (as well as those of us trying to answer all the questions). Not everyone abuses the edit facility in this way but enough people do that it's had to be disabled again. :frowning:

If you need to make edits to a post please send a PM to an admin and one of us will make them for you, or just add the info/corrections to a new post in the same thread.

i know that is not a big problem but... :laughing:

[quote="nudel"]No. :frowning: People have been editing their original posts after they've been answered to ask new questions or to remove their original questions, which makes the forum difficult to follow (sometimes useless) for other people who are looking for answers to the same questions (as well as those of us trying to answer all the questions). Not everyone abuses the edit facility in this way but enough people do that it's had to be disabled again. :frowning:

If you need to make edits to a post please send a PM to an admin and one of us will make them for you, or just add the info/corrections to a new post in the same thread.[/quote]

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: and :frowning: again
i somethime (often) make spelling mistake (i'm not english) and i like to correct them. :cry:

I'd rather see your spelling mistakes than end up with the pointless search results which people editing their posts as nudel describes ends up creating.

i found another thing...

if i create button Go /home, no problem. if DO are installed in usb key, click button and x:\dopus opened.
but if i create button Go [b][/b]home, problem. :slight_smile: if i browse in my usb key, click button, it's ok and x:\dopus opened. but if i browse in another drive (c: for example), click button and message appear "folder don't find".

sometimes pffffffffffffffff :imp:

[quote="AlbatorIV"]i found another thing...

if i create button Go /home, no problem. if DO are installed in usb key, click button and x:\dopus opened.
but if i create button Go [b][/b]home, problem. :slight_smile: if i browse in my usb key, click button, it's ok and x:\dopus opened. but if i browse in another drive (c: for example), click button and message appear "folder don't find".[/quote]
Aliases always start with a /, not a . \home means "home" at the root of the current folder (or something else, depending on the context).

"Go \home" results in a path not found error for me.

/home :arrow_right: The Directory Opus program folder

Yes, /home is that, but \home is something completely different. :slight_smile: