Android MTP right clicking a media file

Opus hangs for 40-45 seconds when I connect via MTP and right click any picture or video file. After 40 seconds, Opus will come back and I can right click any file instantly. I recorded everything in a logcat. I noticed this keeps happening for some reason:

"04-20 17:59:26.771 W/Binder ( 1393): Caught a RuntimeException from the binder stub implementation. 04-20 17:59:26.771 W/Binder ( 1393): java.lang.NullPointerException"

Full logcat:
pastebin.com/jZx9ZJJi

I mainly bring up the context menu to delete files. If I select any file and press the delete key on my keyboard, Opus will delete the file instantly. Somehow opening the context menu causes this hang. Other than that Opus 10/11 MTP works perfect for me.

That log is from the Android side, right?

If your device's version of Android has bugs like that in its MTP stack then there's not much we can do on our side. Bugs on the Android side (and there are many) need to be reported to whomever is responsible for them (the OEM, Google, or the ROM team, depending on the device and ROM).

Yes, soon as I plugged in the USB cable I started the logging. I selected an mkv file in my downloads folder and right clicked. I logged what my device was doing while Opus was hanging and I stopped the log when Opus returned back.

I'm using the latest version of android (a custom AOKP 4.4.2 rom). In Explorer I can right click any file without hanging. I realize this isn't an easy thing to fix since you don't have the source to Explorer. I'm not sure what to do.

Whatever Opus/Windows does on the PC side of the cable, it should not be able to cause a null pointer exception crash on the Android side of the cable, unless there is a bug in the Android MTP code.

FWIW, I've seen the Android MTP stack crash when used by Explorer as well, and had to reboot my tablet to get it working again. There are definitely bugs in that code, although it seems to be slowly improving over time. I still find it unreliable and use FTP to talk to my Android devices instead.

Have you tried installing a custom rom on your tablet?

No, I keep things stock (Nexus tablet).