Android photos causing DO 9.5.0 to crash

Hello, I am new to android but have been using DO for years. It appears that photos pulled off my android via DO with my droid in mass storage mode quite regularly causes DO to crash. It's not all the time but about 60-70% of the time.

Running XP sp3 on my PC, DO 9.5.0.0.3565, and droid ICS 4.0.4.

Thanks,

Jim Mill
Castle Rock, CO

It's possible that a particular viewer/thumbnail plugin or a shell extension is causing the crash. The guide on crashes when viewing certain folders has suggestions for tracking down such a problem.

Ok, I went through the recommendations. Turned off all the viewers and DO still crashes with droid photos in the directory. It doesn't matter how I set the content type or whether I have the viewer up or not.

Jim

If you can upload some of the photos somewhere, or zip them and attach them to a message here, I will see if I can reproduce the crash on my own machine.

Note that we would be very unlikely to update Opus 9 for this kind of thing now that Opus 10 has been out for over a year and a half, but if the problem still affects Opus 10 then we'll obviously fix it if needed. (Opus 10 has quite different EXIF code so it's possible the problem won't occur with it anyway, but I'd be happy to check if you sent some of the photos.)

Here is one file that causes the crash rather consistently. And yet other programs can work just fine with it.
Thanks for the time. http://www.legacyengineering.com/download/2012-06-26_11-36-55_63.jpg

Thanks for the image.

Using the same XP machine, with Opus 9 I get a crash as soon as I try to display that JPG in the viewer pane; with Opus 10 everything works fine. So it looks like something that has already been fixed.

OK, Any chance for a coupon code given that it's fixing something? :laughing:

That's not my department I'm afraid, but Opus 9 got four years of free fixes already. :slight_smile:

You may qualify for a discount already, although I'm not sure what the exact deal is as I don't do any of the sales side myself & the people who do are away for the weekend. You can check here: gpsoft.com.au/DScripts/upgrade.asp