Annoying location bar

Hi

I would like that the location bar don't looses the typed in entry.
Eg. if I type \computer\wrongfolder the dopus tells me that the folder does'nt exsist that is nice, but then I have the opptions to retry, which will not help, then parrent and cancel, which both deletes my entry in the location bar. Then I have to type \computer againg.

Can't that stay typed in please?

best regards nOrphf

[quote]
norphf wrote:
Hi

I would like that the location bar don't looses the typed in entry.
Eg. if I type \computer\wrongfolder the dopus tells me that the folder does'nt exsist that is nice, but then I have the opptions to retry, which will not help, then parrent and cancel, which both deletes my entry in the location bar. Then I have to type \computer againg.

Can't that stay typed in please?

best regards nOrphf[/quote]

I agree as well. I have this problem every now and then and it is frustrating to lose the entry I had. FYI, the requested behavior is how Windows Explorer operates, though it doesn't have a retry/abort dialog, but a failed connect because of a type will never succeed on a retry unless you go rename the share you're trying to connect to.

Miguel

[quote]
miguelc wrote:
FYI, the requested behavior is how Windows Explorer operates, though it doesn't have a retry/abort dialog, but a failed connect because of a type will never succeed on a retry unless you go rename the share you're trying to connect to.

Miguel[/quote]

On my WinXP when I open Windows Explore and type eg \santaclause and there is not a santaclause on the network it comes with the error and only the option "ok" and then return to the Explore and there still standing \santaclause.

But we shall not discuoss Windows Explore :smiley:

/nOrphf

This behaviour was improved in 8.0.1.2, for great justice!