Another REGEX question

When using following REGEX

@NoDeselect
rename PRESET="Suchen und ersetzen"

the extended rename dialog will come up so far, but the standard version,
using standard rename (instead of the expected search & replace mode).

Is this a small bug? I´d expect that the search & replace rename would come up, with preferably the old name selected.

What i would like to have is a type field, expecting the to-be-replaced string, without the big replace dialog, if that is possible. So if for example "- XYZ" is supposed to be removed from all selected files, typing in that string & pushing "enter" would do all replacing.

This command will prompt you for a string to strip from selected filenames:

rename pattern "{dlgstring}" to ~ findrep

If you want to open the Rename dialog in Find & Replace mode you can use this:

rename PRESET=findrep

The new name will be blank and highlighted at first. If you then Shift-Tab it'll highlight the old name and let you type over it.

Steve's command is better for removing stuff (less typing) unless you want the preview that the rename dialog provides.

[quote="steve"]This command will prompt you for a string to strip from selected filenames:

rename pattern "{dlgstring}" to ~ findrep[/quote]

Thank you, this one is cool for short to-be-renamed strings. Only thing, when using it from an extra tool bar, sometimes the input will start minimized in the task bar & has to be brought up by an extra click.

[quote="leo"]
Steve's command is better for removing stuff (less typing) unless you want the preview that the rename dialog provides.[/quote]

Both commands are very useful, so i made two buttons of them. The Shift-Tab trick is also very nice, no need to reach for the mouse there. I hope Opus is going to have even more support for keyboard actions in future versions, although there surely are plenty of them, which i didn´t discover yet. Thanks!

Do you mean a floating toolbar?

Yes, it´s a floating tool bar with rename buttons which i can toggle by a hotkey. The dialog comes up minimized most times, though not every time. I also have the same buttons on the main tool bar as RMB & MMB, it doesn´t happen there, input field is coming up always.