Another Windows 7 (Windows 8 later on)

Icons are a mix of Christiaan's wonderful Vista set and icons ripped from Windows 7. The toolbar on the right is usually turned off.

Original screenshot lost, but a newer one from later in the thread:

Looks very nice.

How did you manage to get icons in the context menu.?:shock: My context menu has only icons for extracting zip with opus and extract with winrar. :confused:

You can add ions to all customizable menu items in Opus. For the context menu (also tray icon menu and other menus you get to through the Customize window), just go to the customize screen, open the menu, and go to edit the entry. To the far right of the Action field is a small empty box - click that and choose your icon.

No icons for Open and Search in my screenshot, those come from Windows so it seems they can't be customized. I'd love to remove them completely, but I can't figure out how :slight_smile:

The Open and Search items are probably filetype verbs/actions.

Removing them would be a bad idea as some things depend on them. If you remove that Open action then double-clicking things will stop working.

(There's no way to hide those things from the menu without actually removing them, at the moment. The "hide windows items..." option doesn't affect verbs as it's assumed people want to see them, or most of them at least.)

Ah, I see..Tnx for the info

Thanks leo. I figured they can't be removed, but I can say one thing for certain - I've never once clicked on Open, Find, Edit, View, or Print...

These icons look very nice.
Where can I find them?

those are Tango icons. you can get them here:

tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Icon_Library

the download only contains up to 32x32 in PNG, but there are scalable SVG files included too. i have 256x256 PNGs of the whole set someone else rendered from the SVGs, i can upload them if you want so long as there are no objections from the mods here. it's all open license stuff so it shouldn't be a problem...

Thanks, newguy :slight_smile:

So long as the licence allows it there are no objections.

Those Icons are Windows 7 icons, I know for sure. I think license-wise it would be legal to use the icons if you have a win 7 rc1 installed.

The arrows aren't in the Win7 imageres.dll
shell32.dll

true...you were talking about the arrows...I was thinking of the icons in the viewer pane..never mind..

Really is very very nice!

my old image host went down. fixed the screenshot...

FWIW, there's no need to use an image host, just attach images to the message and they'll show-up inline.

the latest iteration

Directory Opus is my drug of choice.

this is a very nice screenshot! can you share what is the windows skinning program?
also, is the css file somehow related to dopus here??
btw I haven't changed my computer icons since the amiga days.. but i miss that! is there a place i can get some nice ones? what format do they have to be in?

Skinning app is a commercial program called Windowblinds; skin is called 7zone: browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&secti ... e#/d2pjhyl

CSS is for my browser start page, not related to DOpus.

Icons - check out deviantART. The icons in my DOpus toolbar are Gnome style, mostly from here: browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&secti ... s#/d1g6rhc
Icons on my Windows taskbar are from here: browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&secti ... s#/d24gow2