Apply License from Command Line

I'm doing a Silent Install of Opus and would like top apply license from command line.

Can this be done ?

Yes: HOW TO: Perform silent (un)install of Directory Opus

Hello,

I tried using the below and the cert did not get applied , I got no error messages when running the commands below fro a Dos elevated Prompt.

I validated the files have the correct information in them , is their an option to turn on Diag mode
so log files are generated to see what the issue is ?

I also unistalled an re-installed an manually applied the cert using the dopus_cert.txt file and that worked fine

What am I missing ?

:: Register Directory Opus
Set OpusEXE=%ProgramFiles%\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopus.exe
Set CertFile=D:\dopus_cert.txt
Set RegCode=valid regcode
"%OpusEXE%" /cert "%CertFile%" /regcode %RegCode%

Was Opus already running when you ran that?

(It needs to be run when dopus.exe is not in Task Manager's Details tab. Use File > Exit Directory Opus if you need to make ti exit. Closing the window isn't enough by default.)

Yes I confirmed it was not running , dopus and dopusrt were not running when I ran the commands

It's definitely working here, using your code above in a .bat file.

Check the reg code and path are exactly correct, without any extra spaces at the start or end. The reg code should contain three - characters, separating four groups of five characters.

Using a non-elevated command prompt is best, else Opus will be running elevated afterwards. (But this doesn't seem to affect whether or not the licence installs; it'll just cause other problems.)

If you do keep it elevated, add the /norun argument that's in the example I linked to.

ok validated it and it is correct , also having the same issue when I try and import a config file with all of my settings from the command line.

Would it be possible to do a meeting so you can show me what I'm doing wrong ?

Not something we generally do, especially if you haven't linked your account. :slight_smile:

It definitely works. People are using it and I tested it today. One of the details mode be incorrect.

Hello,

Is it possible for you to send me an email so that I can reply to it and share the files that I'm using ?

This is the last obstacle before I purchase

There's the problem. Silent installs won't work with evaluation certificates.