Auto-Hide Start Menu

Let's see if I can describe this correctly..

So typically in Windows 10 - as well as in many previous Windows versions that I remember - when selecting any program or shortcut from the start menu (i.e. File Explorer) the Start Menu would go back into hiding almost instantly upon making that mouse click, not the case in dopus; clicking on any other folder shortcut pinned in the start menu that opens by default in opus does not automatically trigger hiding/minimizing the start menu until you give a second click anywhere on that new opened opus folder, it looks like that new opened window goes straight to the background till you click on it again. Is that the normal behavior, and if so why?

Opus has no control over the Start Menu. That is part of Windows and is not something we modify or are involved with in any way (other than adding our shortcuts to it, which are just normal shortcut files in a folder).

EDIT: If you mean you're clicking shortcuts in the Start Menu which should open an Opus window, and it's opening in the background, that seems to be a bug in the Start Menu with certain pinned shortcuts. Drive roots are the one example I am aware of, and there's a workaround here:

Is there any way to prevent these from being re-created at every update?

I am indeed talking about pinned shortcuts to varies system folders and drives including one server network drive, so how would I change lets say a pinned desktop shortcut (currently C:\Users\username\Desktop) to the way you're recommending in that other linked post so that the start menu doesn't misinterpret my intentions?

Try creating a shortcut, or modifying the one supplied, as in the linked post.

If you're not sure how, which part are you having trouble with? I can write step-by-step instructions for that part if needed.