Auto update problem

My installation of Opus 8.1.0.8 has started to look for updates bringing up a window which has messages flashing by at high speed which I think are saying that the server has a problem. CPU usage goes to 100%, everything grinds toa halt and I have to use Task Manager to shut down Opus. Re-start Opus and a few minutes later it does it again. What's going on and how do I fix it please?

Barry

I've now done an uninstall and re-install but still have the problem.

Barry

I can't tell you why it seems to be happening but I would suggest you just disable the 'Check for program updates automatically' option on the Preferences->Miscellaneous->Miscellaneous page.

Other than that I wonder if you've got any anti-spyware, anti-virus, or firewall software running that could be blocking Dopus attempt to check the website in a way that is causing it to become unstable...

I've now disabled the auto update as you suggest. I also tried manual update and was pleased to get the normal message saying that I have the latest version. So it looks as if whatever was causing the problem has gone away :slight_smile:

Barry