Automate USB Export to multiple flash drives

Exporting my Directory Opus settings to just one of my USB flash drives takes a long time (it can take up to 15 minutes to complete). I have 6 USB flash drives, so performing the export process manually for each flash drive can take a long time.

Is there a way to automate the export process so Directory Opus will export to USB flash drive A, then, when it is finished, export to USB flash drive B, then USB flash drive C, etc?

Also, is there a way to suppress the message displayed when the export process has completed? Thank you for any help.

I would look into what's making it so slow first. 15 minutes is much longer than it should take.

Are they USB3 drives & ports or older? I found moving to USB flash drives sped things up immensely, not just the throughput but how quickly small files can be created on the drive.

Looking at what's in your config for large files or lots of small files that aren't really being used, or that can be combined (e.g. loose icons can be combined into an icon set) is also worth doing.

The :\DOPUS folders on my flash drives are in the 85 MB range. When I export, I export the 32- and 64-bit versions, the Help file, and all toolbar sets.

I have one Seagate USB 3.0 external hard drive which I discovered uses a USB 3.0 cable-to-SATA 3 adapter. This external hard drive is connected to a USB 3.0 hub, with the hub connected to a USB 3.0 port in the back of my computer. The export time for this drive is almost instantaneous.

I have another USB 3.0 external hard drive that is connected directly to a USB 3.0 port, and that export time takes longer, about 5 seconds, even though it's got a direct connection, and is also a USB 3.0 external hard drive, so I don't know what is going on.

My flash drives are USB 2.0, so that could account for the extremely slow export times. I do have a USB 3.0 flash drive, I will try an export with it connected to both the USB 3.0 hub and connected to one of computer's USB 3.0 ports.

To get back to my original question, is there a way to automate multiple export runs? I admittedly do use some rather fancy image files for my toolbars, maybe this can be the cause of the slow exports?

I will investigate further. Thank you.

I don't think there is a built-in way to automate USB exports, but once you've done one export to a USB stick, updating it is usually just a case of copying the exe and DLL files to the appropriate locations, and similarly with the config files (if you want to update the config as well), so you could do it that way.

Sorry I'm not answering your primary question as I don't know. This is regarding the export speed. I have several USB 2.0 drives as well but DOpus exports to my newest 32GB USB drive in about 30 seconds at most. Something is weird going on with your ports or perhaps the quality of the USB drives (most likely). I have several cheaper made USB drives that takes at least a minute or two to export to (very slow writing speed). While my newer USB 2.0 drive that I recently bought, takes about 30 seconds at most. If I remembered correctly, how full your USB drive is also affect the speed for writing files to it. The fuller the USB drive, the slower it will write to it.

I think you figured out my problem. My flash drives are all more than 2 years old, and most are within 2-5 GB of being completely full. This gives me an excuse to buy new flash drives. Thanks for your help.