Automatic rescaling of preview pane

Hello,

Suppose you are in a portrait monitor mode.

When dragging slider 1 the folder panes 2 and 3 will rescale evenly.
When dragging slider 4 the folder pane 2 will rescale, but the preview pane 5 will stay as it is.

It would be very usefull to have the option the preview pane being automatically and evenly rescaled too. Reason: If I want temporary look further into folderpane 3, i could easily drag slider 4 down as far as possible, and up again when done looking. Now i'm limited to the predefined size of the preview pane minus the minimal size of folderpane 2.

You could use a button to toggle the dual display on/off and automatically resize the viewerpane instead:

Set DUAL=Toggle 
Set VIEWPANESIZE=25,50

The two numbers (25,50) refer to the percentage of available lister space used so adjust to suit.

1 Like

This is indeed an elegant solution. Thx!

One issue you might run into is that the two toggles (dual-display and viewer size) may go out of sync if you open or close the dual display using another method, instead of always using the new button.

This slightly changed command will stop that happening:

Set DUAL=Toggle 
// n.b. This tests the state BEFORE anything is run.
@if:Set DUAL=Toggle
Set VIEWPANESIZE=50
@if:else
Set VIEWPANESIZE=25

(You could also go even more advanced and use scripting events to resize the viewer automatically when the dual display is opened or closed via any method, but maybe that's overkill for this.)

2 Likes