AVI conversion using WinAVIcmd.exe

Hiya folks,

I have been trying to make up a right click menu item for AVI files so I can convert them over to DVD easily using WinAVIcmd. I have tried numerous things so far but have fallen short each time :frowning:

If I run the winAVIcmd.exe I get the following DOS properties:

[code]WinAVI Video Converter v6.2 Command-line edition
Copyright(C) 2001-2004 ZJMedia Computing Inc. http://www.winavi.com
Usage:
winavicmd -c -n[name] -k[serial]
Use serial name and code to register the software, removing the nag picture in video.

winavicmd -s
Show the encoder setting dialog.

winavicmd -[0-9] [-p] [-r] [-m] [-i]["source filename"] [-o]["destination directory name"]
Convert any video media file to specified format.
-0 Convert any video media file to AVI format.
-1 Convert any video media file to WMV format.
-2 Convert any video media file to RM format.
-3 Convert any video media file to MPEG1 format.
-4 Convert any video media file to MPEG2 format.
-5 Convert any video media file to VideoCD format.
-6 Convert any video media file to Super VideoCD format.
-7 Convert any video media file to Non-standard VideoCD format.
-8 Convert any video media file to DVD format.
-9 Convert any video media file to MiniDVD format.

-p  Preview the converting video.
-r  Must using with -p, real-time updating the preview window.
-m  Show the media file information.

Press any key to continue...[/code]

Can someone work out what I need to enter for this to work? I am wanting to right click the AVI, select Convert to DVD then be prompted for a destination path for the conversion, which after selecting the program will get on and do it by itself. Currently I have tried the following:

(from a MSDOS batch function - is that the right thing to use?)

"D:\Audio-Video\WinAVI VideoConverter\WinAVIcmd.exe" --s --8 --m --p -i"{allfilepath$}" -o"J:\" 

(All one line of course)

Thanks for any advice or help!

MSDOS batch function is right. Try this:

I'm not familiar with WinAVIcmd.exe but from reading the information you posted, this looks like it should work.

I took out the double - you had for the options (eg -s instead of --s since it looks like that's what it wants), removed the quotes around {allfilepath$} (since Opus will put these in automatically), and changed {allfilepath$} to {filepath$} since WinAVIcmd.exe can probably only work on one file at once.

Thanks for the reply jon,

Unfortunately this did not work. Is there any way for me to see where this may possibly going wrong? any kind of 'output' available to see where DOpus or the command is failing?

All I get when I run the command is the 'egg' timer for about a second and then nothing happens.

If you have ms-dos batch function selected you should see the brief flash of a dos window. If you add the pause command to your function, this will hold the dos window open until you manually close it, which should let you see any error output.

Alternatively, you could use the doptest utility in the Tools download section to view the command line that Opus is generating, and then experiment with that command in a dos window yourself to work out what is going on.