Backing up my configuration fails

When I try to backup my configuration, I get the following error:

[quote]Backup failed.

Error code 1008: An attempt was made to reference a token that doesn't exist. (4)[/quote]
I am using version 9.1.1.6.3276.x86 of Directory Opus (32-bit) on Windows XP Pro. I get this error even if I uncheck all backup options in the wizard.

Any ideas on what may be causing this error?

Does it make a difference if you try to save the backup to a different location?

If not, are you able to manually zip or copy the config files or does that also result an error? See How to back-up or locate your Opus configuration for information on how to manually copy the config files.

Thanks, leo! That led me to the issue. It turns out that the file ownership was messed up on four of the config files (I'm in a Windows domain here, BTW). I found this out when I tried to zip them all up with WinRAR and it couldn't read those four files. When I looked at the file properties and tried to click the Security tab, it gave me this kind of error:

I clicked Advanced and checked the Owner tab and sure enough, there was no owner displayed. After setting an owner and adding them to the Permissions list, all of the files became readable and the configuration backup ran without any problems.

Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it.