Batch File Commands Failing

Greetings Gurus, I have a few batch commands that have started to fail recently.
I'm getting 'chcp' is not recognized warnings a LOT suddenly. I don't know what that program is.

This command has been working for years, suddenly it's broken and I'm getting a warning.

go is dopus command
dos command: cd v:\

Something is wrong with your Windows install.

Either C:\Windows\System32\chcp.com does not exist on your system or C:\Windows\System32 is not in your system PATH.

Greetings Leo, I put C:\Windows\System32 in the path and BAM, everything is good.
Thanks a lot, how did you figure that out?

The question is how that was removed from the path, as it would cause all sorts of problems throughout Windows.

Good question, I'm not sure how that got changed

See where I put System 32 back at the front.

C:\Windows\System32;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;%C_EM64T_REDIST11%bin\Intel64;%CSSCRIPT_DIR%\lib;%CSSCRIPT_DIR%;%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redist\intel64\compiler;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\WireGuard\;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\