Batch Find And Replace Metadata

Is there a batch process tool for file metadata?

I've scanned my audio files with Traktor Pro 3 (other programs don't scan for the root key).
But it has a bad habit of calculating the files at half time. So sometimes it writes 60 bpm to a file instead of 120, etc.

So is there a find and replace for this? "If bpm = 60, then bpm = 120." ?
TP3 also struggles to understand whole numbers. It tends to conclude things like 120.02 instead of 120.
Could I also round the numbers with a tool?

Or search for it with the Find Tool and then replace it in the Metadata Pane.

2 Likes

That's working good, thank you.

One of the times it made a 1120 value instead of 120. I got rid of the log before I could see what the bpm used to be. Guessing it had to be 60. Don't know because another 60 in the same run event resulted in 120.

Feature request: could you make a button that enables some kind of background logging instead of the notepad popup plz.

I'm really struggling with using TP3 for metadata scans. Some folders have an invisible DRM so they can't be changed. And then some folders have inconsistent results: some keys are written, and some aren't and none of the bpm's.

Spotty

Sometimes I think it's because TP3 "can't read 1d3 tag". Can't seem to find the solutions for that. This has been nothing but a fight since I started. I'm disappointed in Native Instruments. I'm probably going to have to buy SongKong.

Also can't find an answer as to what is meant by 'Initial Key'. The term should be 'root key' or 'tonic'.

1 Like

You'll have to ask errante, he created the script.

Edit: Not necessary.
2023-12-18_155917