Breadcrumb menu goes off bottom of screen so Opus repositions to top

Opus 13.6.1 beta, but noticed it for a bit
Win 10 22H2 latest

Normally, when clicking on breadcrumb drop-down to display context menu of all items under than folder, Opus will display top of menu from position of breadcrumb bar, and keep it displayed until you either click a context menu item or the drop-down arrow again.

However, if you move the lister window down and do the same, Opus will display menu starting at top of screen instead. But, the context menu disappears immediately, rather than being persistent, just selecting whatever folder was at the mouse-cursor position.

Problem might also exist with other menu items if they all use same menu code as breadcrumbs.

Problem specifically happens if the current folder is the one that matches the same item in context menu item in bold, where the cursor is on initial click.

Put together a GIF which demonstrates the issue - which seems to be because the position of the context menu is moved to the left (notice the icons cover the drop-down arrow), resulting the the menu item being selected immediately due to mouse cursor already being over it, so menu disappears immediately.

However, when the menu stays up, the icons are to the right of the arrow, so no menu item is initially selected due to mouse cursor not being over it immediately.

Breadcrumb_Context_Menu_Bug

I can't reproduce this. The menu should always open next to, not on top of, the arrow that you click. Either it's miscalculating the arrow/screen coordinates or something is moving the menu around.

Possible causes and things to try are discussed in this thread about a similar (possibly the same) issue:

See if I can get more details/better video.

I'm using 100% scaling in Windows on 1920x1080 display. I haven't changed many settings in Opus 13, although have reloaded an old exprted settings file. I'll try a few things and get to you.

I do have a triple height taskbar at the bottom of scree, in case that makes a difference.

Just done a quick test after resetting all settings/menus in Opus....

• Cannot reproduce the menu item automatically being selected on mouse-up, which was my main issue. The menu now stays up until I actually select an item.

• Horiz position of context menu is different though depending on number of items in it.

• Do some more tests be restoring my previous older config to see if I can reproduce previous auto-select on mouse-up behaviour

So, for the moment, the auto-selecting on mouse-up of menu item in certain circumstances seems to have been fixed by resetting all settings + toolbar items, which was my main issue.

See screenshots of position of context menu when (a) it can be displayed below breadcrumb bar, (b) when bottom of context menu would appear over taskbar, so Opus moves context menu to over top of breadcrumb bar arrow (at least last menu item covers the arrow), (c) when context menu is just tall enough to fit on screen (NOTE how it's now positioned to right of breadcrumb arrow again), and (d) when context menu is too tall and needs a vertical scrollbar (also positioned to right of arrow)

(a)
gPwZ5M8WpD

(b)

(c)

(d)

The cause of the auto-select menu on mouse-up issue was to do with an upgraded Opus 11 config.

Found the cause of auto-select context menu on mouse-up event - Issue happens when Prefs > Colors and Fonts > Directory Opus Colors > Toolbars > Office-style > Use legacy Office-style toolbars option is enabled.

That didn't make it happen for me, but while trying it, I found I was able to reproduce it (in both modes) if I had the window in just the right place.

I've worked out what was causing the problem and made a change for the next beta. Many thanks!

1 Like

Thanks @Leo, appreciate it - even if solution was via a circuitous route :wink:

Best service, as always!

1 Like