BUG? Crash when thumbnailing OpenOffice files

When DOpus is making thumbnails of OpenOffice files (at least ODT and ODS files), it completely "vaporizes". That is, DOpus crashes without any error message, the window just disappears and the tray icon disappears as soon as you move your mouse over it.
Might of course be a weird config problem with my PC...

Make sure you have the latest version of Opus as there was a bug in the thumbnail caching routines in one of the early 8.1 releases which could cause crashes like this.

If you do have the latest version then it may just be an incompatibility between Opus and OpenOffice. You will be able to avoid the crash by turning off Preferences, Listers, Use shell image extraction... and it's worth reporting the problem to GPSoft via their support page so that the conflict can be investigated.

Hi, I'm using DOpus 8.1.0.3 and OpenOffice 1.9.79.
Thank you for your suggestion to turn off Shell Image Extraction, this prevents the crash.
I will report this at the support page.
Thanks!

Help --- When I enter the information about this crash in the Technical Support page, it replies with "You are not a registered user or your free technical support period has ended." I am indeed not a registered user, but the form says to leave out the registration code for Eval users.
And don't you want my bugreport anyway???

Technical support is free to registered users - almost unheard of with modern software companies. If you are not a registered user then you are entitled to tech support for the first 30 days. After that you must purchase the program to be supported.

However, you can however still have free access to this Resource Centre for feedback and help.

Sorry to be blunt but we cannot afford to spend time providing free support and spending our limited valuable resources on non-registered users.

Try getting any sane technical support let alone bug fixes from the likes of Adobe, Symantec or other companies even after you've purchased the product.

It's a simple issue. Buy the product and support us then we will be able to buy food to eat and then support you.

Greg

[quote]Technical support is free to registered users - almost unheard of with modern software companies. If you are not a registered user then you are entitled to tech support for the first 30 days. After that you must purchase the program to be supported.

However, you can however still have free access to this Resource Centre for feedback and help.

Sorry to be blunt but we cannot afford to spend time providing free support and spending our limited valuable resources on non-registered users.[/quote]

Although I understand this when it comes to support (i.e. dealing personally with a single user that has any sort of problem), I don't really get your point about the bug reports : letting anybody fill a bug report on DOpus's website would help every user if the bug is really there by letting you know about it.

[quote]
abelthorne wrote:

Although I understand this when it comes to support (i.e. dealing personally with a single user that has any sort of problem), I don't really get your point about the bug reports : letting anybody fill a bug report on DOpus's website would help every user if the bug is really there by letting you know about it.[/quote]

The same here. If I would be asking you how to do this or that with your product, then that would be me asking for your support. But reporting a bug, I see that as actually me supporting you!