Bug/Incompatibility (?) with Nokia PC Suite

...after installing the Suite pack, all went fine... until recently (no idea what went wrong) when I open DOpus, it's cpu usage goes 100%, and Nokia Phone Browser starts sending error messages 'operation could not be completed'. Eventually, DOpus crashes. (if you're not familiar: Suite creates a virtual folder for browsing usb-connected phones)

Explorer is still fine with the Suite, so I tought DOpus could be the weak link...

Which version of Nokia PC Suite? I've (unfortunately!) got 6.6.16 installed and haven't seen any problems, but I haven't been keeping it up-to-date so maybe a problem is triggered by the latest version. I'll have a go at reproducing it.

[quote="nudel"]Which version of Nokia PC Suite? I've (unfortunately!) got 6.6.16 installed and haven't seen any problems, but I haven't been keeping it up-to-date so maybe a problem is triggered by the latest version. I'll have a go at reproducing it.[/quote]Hello Leo...

Like you, I was not keeping Nokia PC suite up-to-date, but I recently loaded 6.80.21, and was very pleasantly surprised at how much it had improved. Earlier versions could never find my phone :imp:, but this version works every time.

...I also have the latest (6.80.22).. Whenever I start DOpus, after a few seconds, 'The operation could not be completed' message appears, and DOpus freezes (I can only terminate it from the task manager). I've already tried complete uninstall/reinstall of Suite, but the problem remains.
Again, no problems in Explorer.

Does Opus create a log file in these cases?
I'm also currently looking for some alternatives... As I heard, there are file managers outside Suite capable of browsing phones, altough they're using the same Connectivity Cable Driver.

Try to wait, currently Suite requires 1 minute (!) to recognize my 6630.

Nokia PC Suite 6.81 Release 13: fileforum.betanews.com/detail/No ... 84122750/1

This should be fixed now: [Directory Opus 8.2.2.4)

In all the different versions of PC Suite and Opus Directory I've never managed to get them to work correctly, instead I have to open an Explorer Window.

I'm using verion 6.81.13.0 of PC Suite which I believe is the latest version, and I'm using 8.2.2.4 of Opus Directory.

For example Right clicking on the PC suite icon in the system tray and selecting messages gives me a "Nokia Phone Browser" error "The operation could not be completed". This error has a Directory Opus icon so I presume it is from Directory Opus. After clicking OK I get a directory listing with an Empty Tab.

If instead of opening it from the icon I go to My Computer and choose Nokia Phone Browser I can then see the phone and go into Messages. In the Toolbar at the top I get an Update button appear, with what appears to be a generic icon. After a little while a whole load of update buttons appear, usually five or six. Browsing around causes the buttons to appear and disappear. I've just deleted my SMS inbox messages using Opus Directory and I now have 11 update buttons, and then deleted by Sent messages and I'm back down to 6.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Richard