Bug with @confirm modifiers

Hi Leo
I believe there is a bug with @confirm modifiers. Here the situation
Let's take this useless example
(
@confirm:Select all ?
Select all
)
Now since I did not provide any text for the button (OK and Cancel) as part of @confirm, the confirm box will show me an OK button and a Cancel Button. As mentioned in the Help manual, and I quote: (If the user clicks the cancel button, the function is aborted at this point.).
So at this point this useless button work well. If I click (OK) the Select all will execute. If I click (Cancel) the Select all will not execute. But the problem come from this specific situation.
Let's take this next example and let"s say that my @confirm give you only the choice to Cancel.
(
@confirm:No Image selected to view||Cancel
set views=thumbnails
)
Technically, If I understand the documentation in reference Manual, the first (|) would skip the OK button since there is no text and
the second (|) would apply to the Cancel button. So I do get a confirm box with only the Cancel button showing up. But in this case if I Click Cancel (the only available choice) the command (set views=thumbnails) is execute anyway.
The only way to make it work is to have the (OK) button and (Cancel) Button showing up together and then clicking Cancel. This is useless if we can't have the choice to use only Cancel to abort a function since in some complex function, you do not wish to have the OK button showing up and being click by inadvertence causing the rest of the function to run with some error. So this is why I am saying it might be a bug and if not then it should be implemented in the @confirm modifiers so we may be able to display only the Cancel option which would terminate immediately the function.

That is not a bug.

You can't have a @Confirm dialog with only a cancel button.

If you want to do complex functions, use the full scripting instead of simple commands.

Understand.
But still believe it should be implemented since anyway @confirm does work if I use (OK) and (Cancel) together and at this point (Cancel) does terminate the function. So it should not be a big Deal to have only a Cancel button option.

May I just add this too. It would be useful in the documentation that "WHAT CAN'T BE DONE" be added. I am not talking about complex explanation but more like SIMPLE FACT so we don't have to spend lot of time figuring out what is wrong or having to question you and feel stupid after because we are suppose to KNOW. As an example the @ifexists modifiers as quoted below exactly as per the book
@ifexists: Allows simple conditional behaviour (note: error in wording for behaviour) based on whether the specified drive or path exists.
@ifexists: - test if drive or path exists
@ifexists:else - an "else" clause that is executed if the path doesn't exist
@ifexists:common - common instructions that are always executed
Now there is no mention, as I know, that the PATH has to be an absolute Path and not a argument like {sourcepath$} or a variable like @set glob:my_path=C:\ unless @ifexists is used in a UserDefined command and {sourcepath$} is pass to the User-defined-command as an argument so in this case @ifexists: &Argument_passed& will work.

Thanks anyway