Build 11.12 seems sluggish compared to prior builds

Hi,

Long time Directory Opus user. Love it. Probably my most used app. Which is why I seem to be seeing a slowdown + not responsive behavior with the latest build. I notice it most when I step away from my PC for an hour or longer.

The tasks I mainly do with it is file moving and search. But I can't tell you specifically what I might be doing that causes it.

Any ideas?

Here is the 11.11 installer if you want to go back to that version and test the theory that the problem started with 11.12. (If 11.11 works, it's worth reinstalling 11.12 and rebooting again, in case it was just coincidence. Sometimes just rebooting for the update causes queued-up changes from other things to be applied to the machine whose effects are then attributed to the update.)

[ul][li]DOpusInstall_11.11_x64.exe[/li]
[li]DOpusInstall_11.11_x86.exe[/li][/ul]

If the problem happens with both 11.11 and 11.12 then, without any other information, these guides are the best place to start:

[ul][li]Crash, exit or high CPU usage when viewing certain directories[/li]
[li]Crash, exit or high CPU usage when right-clicking certain files[/li]
[li]How to find components causing high CPU usage[/li]
[li]How to find components causing memory leaks[/li]
[li]General slowdown or instability investigation steps[/li][/ul]

It's worth noting that 11.11 to 11.12 was a very small update which fixed a bug to do with the Find Panel and how the list of filetypes is obtained. It has very little scope to be the cause of general slowdowns, so the Opus update is very likely to only be a coincidence with the performance issue you're seeing, and it's worth thinking about any other recent changes to the machine which may be related.

I understand. I was reluctant to post anything as I am not 100% sure it's related. However, in reading other forum topics, I see Acronis might be a problem. I uninstalled it yesterday and haven't seen the slowdowns and freezes since. Coincidentally, I do a LOT of searching I noticed each time there was a freeze, the search panel was open - though not necessarily searching. So I will do some searching today and see if it's resolved.