Button for non dragable Windows feature?

Button for non dragable Windows feature: Leo was extremely helpful when he showed me this, when I was trying to find out how to put a Recent Items button in my Opus Toolbar.
"Go IDL:?AAAAFAAfgG16hyKhNxpGkbDb2lquvJkAAA==

I found the IDL:... string by putting Opus into Customize mode and then dragging the folder from Explorer’s tree on to Opus’s toolbar. That makes a command with just the IDL in it, which would normally cause an Explorer window to open (unless you had Opus’s Explorer Replacement settings different to their defaults), but adding the “Go” command to the start of it means Opus will always open the folder itself, rather than send it to Explorer." Now I know how to do it for many draggable types of Windows items.

Now I am wondering how I can do the same for a NON draggable item. That is create a button to get what I usually have many steps to get to. Here I am focusing on the button in the picture, but would like to know how I can begin researching way to always do thing just like it. Here I am focusing on the Share button so what ever folder I have focused I can quickly get to it without having to Right Click go to Properties and then Click the Sharing Tab. So on this one if someone knows how to do it i would like the info, but I also could use direction on which part of the manual or way to understand how tasks or macros like this are done.
Thanks

Nope... there are certain things you just can't drag onto a toolbar :slight_smile:.

For creating a CIFS share from the current folder... I used the following Lister Context Menu item:

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button backcol="none" display="both" separate="yes" textcol="none" type="three_button"> <label>CIFS Share</label> <icon1>#ftp</icon1> <button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none"> <label>Create CIFS Share</label> <icon1>#mapnetworkdrive</icon1> <function type="batch"> <instruction>@runmode hide</instruction> <instruction>@nofilenamequoting</instruction> <instruction>net share {RS|Specify Sharename for current folder...|{ss|nopath|noterm}$}=&quot;{s|noterm}&quot;</instruction> </function> </button> <button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none"> <label>Delete CIFS Share</label> <icon1>#disconnectnetworkdrive</icon1> <function type="batch"> <instruction>@runmode hide</instruction> <instruction>/scripts\shared_folder_query.vbs</instruction> </function> </button> </button>
Clicking left mouse button will create a CIFS share from the current path... Clicking right mouse button calls a script (attached) I wrote that enumerates the shares currently defined on the system, and presents them for selection to remove the share...

This is just an example - you can modify this to be used via toolbar button, hotkey, or whatever...
shared_folder_query.zip (715 Bytes)

Thank You so much, I think I need a little more help on using the codes. I am trying to understand is the XML the same thing as the VB or do they work together?