Button to change preferences option (CBR/CBZ)

It's pretty weird, I noticed I get the error even without opening CBR/CBZ files. Yesterday, for example, when moving a video file from one drive to another. And some times just by opening DOpus. But not always! Maybe once or twice a day.

I'll inform you if I get to understand when it happens xD.

Hi there Joe. Happy New Year!

I've posted a re-tooled version of the script to the Script Buttons & Add-Ins forum.

Little later than I'd planned - but was spending too much time on computer over the holiday so... :slight_smile:.

I don't have any ideas what could cause that weird error... it shouldn't cause any harm though as far as I know, but I'm using it heavily myself now as well so I will also keep my eye out for those errors. Up until that part of the code, all the script is doing is checking to see if any of the things that control it's execution are in play, with that one in particular simply being a check to see if ~whatever you double-clicked on is a directory or not. And that could literally be ANYTHING you double-click on, not just CBR/CBZ archives.

I'll mess around a bit to see if I can reproduce it... maybe something not so usual, like junctions or shortcuts or something. Dunno... maybe Leo or Jon might have some ideas...

I got the error on two laptops. But I have no idea what caused it as I didn't notice it until way after it happened.

I've added some debug in my private version to print out everything I dbl-click on to the log in order to try and catch what is causing it.

I also got the error with the new version, when I open any drive, but not if I go to the drive navigating through the Folder Tree. Now the position of the error is different:

CBX_Handler: Error at line 266, position 4 CBX_Handler: Object doesn't support this property or method: 'doubleClickData.item.is_dir' (0x800a01b6)

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Ah - yes, reproduced here as well. So it's the drive object that throws the error. Thanks... I'll see what GPSoft have to say.

I've posted a new update (v1.2.1) to the forums with a workaround that Leo kindly suggested while they fix the root cause.

Works a treat now! Let me know if it you like it or would like to see any additional features... and thanks again for raising the question! I'm using this myself now quite a bit...

Ok, now the error is gone :smiley:.

Thanks for your help!