Button to create an archive then move it

I am attempting to create a button which will:

1. Create an archive
  2. Delete the file or folder that the archive was created from
  3. Move the resulting archive to the destination

The below works as intended, however it seems to be painfully slow on large archives. I believe this is due to the move operation happening prior to the archive operation.

Copy MOVE ARCHIVE=single
Delete QUIET

In an attempt to speed things up I'd like to create the archive before moving it to the destination so I have tried the following:

Copy MOVE HERE ARCHIVE=single 
Copy MOVE 

This seems to create the archive first, which is what I want but then it does not move the resulting archive to the destination.

I'm not sure how to tell Directory Opus to move the created archive to the destination.

Any help is appreciated

You can create the archive directly in the destination, unless you're trying to avoid that for some reason (e.g. slow destination media).

It's likely the "ARCHIVE=single" which is slowing things down more than the destination drive. That causes our code to use a much slower method of creating/updating the archive.

It's something we're going to improve. (The code change was done recently, but needs to be tested for a while before we release it.)

In the meantime, one workaround is to use a script to make the archives instead:

That said, if the aim is to only make a single archive from a single file or folder then you don't need the =single at all, and removing that from the command should speed things up without needing to do anything else.

(ARCHIVE=single is for when you select multiple things and want each of them put into a separate archive instead of all placed into a single archive.)

1 Like